Carnival Elation Cruise Review by Lynda

Member Name: Lynda
Cruise Date: January 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 6a
See More About: Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Elation - Eastern Caribbean
We arrived in Port Canaveral night before cruise, finding terminal was quite easy. We used the valet parking(free of charge). We arrived somewhere around 11:30 and were on ship by noon. Then, it was up to Lido deck for burger. Our rooms were ready at 1:45. Nice oceanview stateroom midship on main (Thank you travel agent!!!) The Elation is a nice ship, I do think it is little Las Vegasie. But,some like that. It was very clean. Just like the other reviews have mentioned, navigating around ship was a little difficult. But, no worries mate, my twelve-year old son had it down pat! Service on the ship was good, for the most part. Our room stayed clean and you can't beat those cute towel animals in the evening. We even tried making a couple ourselves so the staff would get a laugh! Shore Excursions (please write more detailed reviews of your excursions-they are too much to go in blindsided). Our first port was Grand Turk. The water was beautiful. You don't have a lot of time in this port, so plan wisely. We did the power snorkel. We boarded a bus and took about a 15 minute ride to a nearby beach. This excursion had two guides, who were really nice. One snorkeled with us and the other followed in a small dingy. The water was really rough. But we swam out to the 7000 foot shelf, It reminded me of "Nemo", because past the shelf was dark as night. But on the shelf itself, way cool. This is where I was just starting to see larger fish, but then it was time to go. I don't know if he was moving us fast because of the rough water or time restraints. I would do this again,

my husband who is not a strong swimmer probably would not. His battery in the power snorkel had died. And we could not get new becausetheboat apparently had to take a few people in. Which left a whole bunch of us out there with one guide, which you had to wait till you were on top of swell to see. I would only recommend this excursion if you are a strong swimmer and older than 12. The snorkel they use also doesn't have a catch tube. So several people got sick from to much salt. I would do this again. Half Moon Cay - My pool could never get that clear. Make sure you snorkel by rocks to see some fish. And take some bread from lunch. Nassau- did Atlantis and Harbour tour. Save your money!!

Back to the ship, You must try coffee bar Yummy!!!! The 24 hour pizza is not 24 hours. My son wanted pizza for breakfast and (okay, I did too!) but there was none to be had. There was 24 hour ice cream and yogurt , which my husband enjoyed. Here's the bad news dinner on the ship was extremely lacking. Most of the appetizers were good, but the main course was not. My husband had two lobsters first one tuff, second just right. I had over roasted turkey with dressing one night and almost licked my plate. But, that was it. The veal had no seasoning. I expected more. Carnival did do a great job putting us with other families and we truly enjoyed our dinner companions.

Coke cards- beware prices are up, it was 90 dollars for 3 cards. Then you can only have your coke in a glass. They open a coke, fill glass to top with ice pour coke in, only there is still some left in can, so they set it back down on bar. The next person comes along, wants a coke they get the flat coke that has been sitting there. Ask for less than half for ice, and request a new can. Also, if you are by pool and want a coke, we were told to go get one at bar, if your buying alcohol they will bring it to you and fill you up when empty. Overall it was an okay cruise, but to be honest I would like to try a different line maybe. They don't have enough to do for the tween crowd or for people who one glass of wine is too many. One thing I will highly recommend as far as Carnival, the beds,pillows and soft duvets, I slept like a baby!!!

Publication Date: 04/21/07