Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Ninn4

Cruise Date: April 2007
Cabin Category: 4G
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean
Embarkation It was quick, lots of lines that kept moving. I didn't like being herded like cattle but the large ship means that'll be the case often.

Room We booked an inside room which had ample room. The bed was comfortable complete with a duvet. The room steward was alright although she left us without hand soap for 3 days.

itinerary Freeport - Not much to see here. We went to the Isle of Capri Casino and won a little money. There is a great greek restaurant in the market place and plenty of islandy souvenirs of you like that sort of thing.

Grand Cayman - By far the best, most interesting port. There were 6 ships there on the same day. It felt like it. It was crowded and hot. Be prepared to stand in line for 30 minutes to tender back tot he ship. The water was a little choppy there too. The Hard Rock cafe was fun!

Grand Cayman - This was not interesting what so every. We looked around for an hour and then went back tot he ship. It is nothing like the Mexico I know. you can tell you're in the middle of the jungle and that the cruise ships have "created" this port.

Entertainment It was good. my husband and I are both in show business and we were impressed by the production effects and theater itself.

Bingo Save your money. I played every time, 5 times and lost every time. The casino was fun, paid well.

Food The food was fantastic. I've never had such good food at a buffet. It was great. The dining room food was pretty much the same food with better presentation. Try the fish and chips upstairs, it was lovely, nice tuna and fisha nd chips. The pizza place was good and always busy. The chinese food was alright but I'd suggest the stir fry at lunch when its available.

Internet cafe Expensive. 75 cents a min. or buy a large plan. Yikes!

Coffee bar Chair tea and lattes were great. Try the carrot cake for a treat.

Ship stores Not much to buy. There's always a crucial sale and stock that is on its way from Florida. You'd do better on shore.

Spa Prices were OK. Service was OK. Not like a salon at home.

Service This was our biggest problem. My husband and I are well traveled people who live simply and don't ask for a lot. Thats why we got so discouraged when we got really bad service in the dining room on more than one occasion. It was so bad we changed our dining time, seating and area and filed a complaint twice. There was better service at the buffet than in the dining room. Go figure. We did leave comments and tried to address and remedy the situation but to no avail. carnival sent us a photo album, it was a nice gesture.

The room steward service was equally disturbing. No hand soap for 3 days, what is that?

The ship was a little dirty. There were cans, bottles, plates, cups, mugs, old food in the pool deck area all the time. So much so we'd have to move stuff around to sit down on a chair. This was often found in the halls too. People just need to clean up after themselves and help out a bit.

Overall Everyone says Carnival is the walmart of cruising. I would tend to agree with that. The price is low, everyone goes and they don't really adhere to basic courtesies like cleaning up after themselves or being considerate. There were many, many children and teens. They were loud, obnoxious and made some experiences unpleasant. Parent should be responsible for their children and not let them run around until 2 am which was often the case, every night! YIkes

I don't think we'll cruise Carnival again. Although the price was good I'd rather pay more and get good service.

Publication Date: 04/21/07