Carnival Legend Cruise Review by blackjck

Member Name: blackjck
Email: angie_maddox@yahoo.com
Cruise Date: April 2007
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        7-9 5+
        16+ 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Bahamas
We traveled on the Carnival Legend April 9 - 13. This was a special 4-day cruise that the Legend wasn't use to because it would travel to Tampa after our debarkation to start a new itinerary.

We arrived at the port about 3pm they day of sailing. We were on the Lido deck eating lunch by 3:25. We had two rooms, myself and husband and kids had the other. My son had brought along his friend so he had his own sail and sign card for his own charges. The rooms were open and ready by the time we got on board and luggage was already at the room by the time our lunch was over. Rooms were spacious enough. Our room had a balcony which was very wonderful. The kids had an oceanview room (1109), which had exact same space as we did, minus the balcony.

My husband enjoyed the ship alot, thought it was a beautiful ship. I thought the decor was a bit much, urns were EVERYWHERE and I never did learn where everything was. Luckily our room was by an elevator, so that made things easier. Noise wasn't an issue.

Alcoholic beverages on the boat were STRONG. Remember...when ordering tropical drinks or specials of the day....souvenir glassed drinks are 6.95 but a regular glass is only 3.95! Don't get stuck paying for souvenir glasses the entire vacation unless you really want them.

Pool chairs were plentiful. There seemed to be chairs on all upper decks throughout the boat so it wasn't that hard to find chairs. There are, however chair hogs...but it wasn't a big issue.

First port was Grand Turk. We decided to only go to Margaritaville and so glad we did. The cruise center at dock is owned by Carnival. You will find a gorgeous beach with breathtaking view of the boats, a wonderful VERY LARGE pool (only 3 or 4 feet deep), poolside entertainment at Margaritaville. It was great...and all free!! Unless you decide to drink or eat.

Nassau... Nassau stormed half the time we were there but it didn't ruin the day. We had only decided to go shopping while there so it was okay. We let our teen boys wander to the straw market on their own and told them to meet up with us at the cruise center a couple of hours later. They had a wonderful time. But, during their walk...they were asked if they wanted to buy cocaine, crack, weed, and sex! Unbelievable. At the Straw Market, I bought a Coach purse for 55 dollars, smaller coach purse for 30 and a Coach duffel bag for 80. You can talk them down!! Act as if you are walking away and they will go down to your price! I was asked if I wanted my hair braided about 500 times. Three local boys, about 10 yrs old, sang to my husband and I for a buck. Passed by Senor Frogs...everyone seemed to be having fun...getting drunk.

Room steward broke my bottle of perfume. Purser's desk says they will refund with a receipt. Thank goodness I still have the receipt...because what if I didn't?? Check ALL alcohol in your mini fridge when you get in your room. There were a couple of bottles of alcohol in ours with seals broken and were refilled with WATER. We were charged for it. We never once drank the alcohol in that room! Keep track of the Carnival beachtowels they place in your room as well. One of ours became missing...possibly swept up with towels by room steward...i don't know...all I know is we never used them.

Debarkation was extremely easy! I was very impressed! Very fast and orderly.

All in all...the boat was great..all employees were working hard to please. We would sail again.

Publication Date: 04/17/07