Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Luckyone2: Legend of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Luckyone2
Member Since 2007

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Legend of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Legend of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2007
Embarkation: Tampa

We chose this cruise based on three criteria: 1. Price 2. Departure Port 3 Length of Cruise. Our cruise aboard the "Legend of the Seas" met all three criteria. I used Hotwire to get an excellent price on a week long cruise (about $62 per person per day.) Tampa as a departure port was important since we were traveling from southwest Georgia. I had planned on coming down the day of the cruise but I'm so glad that we opted to arrive the day before because the traffic on I-75 and I-275 was horrible. We had thought it was because of the Easter weekend but we found out on our way home that was not the case. I bid and got the Marriott Marquis for $85; this hotel was less than a mile from the port. We arrived at the port around 11:00 a.m. We dropped off our luggage and used the port parking ($12 a day.) Because I filled out our paperwork via internet, embarkation was a breeze. We were eating in the Windjammer within 20 minutes of arriving at the port. After a delicious lunch, we got in a More short line to change our seating assignment from a table of 4-6 to a table for two. This was easily and cheerfully done by the dining staff. We toured the Romeo and Juliet dining room; it has beautiful floor to ceiling views on both sides of the dining room.

At 1:00 we were allowed to go to our cabin. We got the cheapest cabin available and were pleasantly surprised to find our how roomy our cabin was. The bathroom was roomier that we expected. (The clear over the door shoe holder that is recommend by so many was exactly what was needed to stay organized.) The two beds had already been pushed together into one bed. We were surprised to find how many channels were available on the television. Sherma, our room attendant, introduced herself; she kept our perfect the entire cruise. We changed into our shorts and went out to watch the ship sail from Tampa. We had main seating for dinner. Our wait staff, Eduardo, the head waiter, Yogit, waiter, and Uros, assistant waiter, were fantastic; they help make our cruise memorable. We found the food on the Legend of the Seas to be excellent in both the Romeo and Juliet and in the Windjammer. Our favorite bar was the Viking Crown Lounge. All of the bars have great atmosphere but this one suited us the best because of the great views of the ship, oceans, and ports.

The entertainment on board was good; we only missed two shows. It seemed that in the evening, no matter where you went on the ship, there was always some type of live music being played. Rico, the cruise director, kept the crowd going. If fact, the ship did a good job of entertaining everyone; there seemed to be something for everyone.

Rico said that there was around 450 children aboard the ship. It never felt like that. In fact, I never saw any children while I was dining in the Romeo and Juliet dining room. I did happened up on the floor where the children were enrolled in their Adventure Ocean program; all of the children seemed to be having fun. I viewed on the shipboard television a program that the children put on for their parents. Very cute!

The ports of call for this week were: George Town, Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel. We primarily shopped in Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel. We did the Sting Ray City tour in George Town. Very entertaining! I recommend this tour. We did shop in George Town, tendered back to the ship to eat, and then tendered back to catch our 1:00 Sting Ray Tour. There was no problem with tendering; it was done in a timely manner and I enjoyed the trips. In Belize, we did go sit and relax in the lounge chairs by the ocean; the view is gorgeous! As far as shopping goes, the further that you go away from the shops nearest the cruise ships, the lower the prices go. The vendors did not haggle you very much at all. Cozumel had the pushiest vendors, but still not bad. We were going to rent a car to see the other side of Cozumel, but the day was cloudy and not very good for pictures.

Getting off the boat was a breeze! We had purple tickets and we opted to wait to be called from the Viking Crown Lounge. Customs went quickly and our luggage was easily found.

I highly recommend this cruise ship! We have sailed on the Flavia, Emerald Seas, the Oceanic, the Atlantic, and the Sea. The service on this ship harkens back to days (33 years) of the Flavia and Emerald Seas. Excellent!

One note: The Legend of the Links was completely gutted while we were aboard to make way for a newer putt-putt course. The upholstery and curtains were being redone all over the ship. You never saw the work being done, just all of a sudden new looking furniture would appear. Less

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>