Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by mwcstudent

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by mwcstudent
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: mwcstudent
Cruise Date: April 2007
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: m
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
My husband doesn't like to travel so I decided to take my 12 year old son on a cruise. I booked a 4 night cruise on Majesty of the Seas.

The two of us flew in to Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami because it was less expensive. I purchased transfers from the airport to the Miami Port through Royal Caribbean for 50.00 per person round trip. The Royal Caribbean representative was easy to spot at the airport and we only had a short wait before boarding the bus to the ship. The bus was clean and comfortable. However, if you are traveling with a group of 4 or more it is more economical to get transportation on you own.

We arrived at the port and were in our cabin within 30 minutes. We purchased an inside cabin and it was very very small but you don't spend much time in your cabin anyway. It was clean and the new bedding is wonderful. I slept better than I have in ages. There was a hair dryer, soap, and shampoo provided for you. Also, there are beach towels in your room for your use so you don't need to pack your own.

The lunch buffet was ready when we arrived on the ship. The food was just o.k. We drink a lot of soda so we purchased the soda card and for us it was well worth the money. We ate at Johnny Rockets one night and it was worth the 3.95 cover charge. They accepted our soda card there so we didn't have to pay extra for our beverages.

We played Bingo several times at 20.00 per game. We also saw the impressionist who did a very good job. My son chose not to participate in the kids club but I saw others who were participating and seemed to be having a great time. I also heard other parents say that their kids never wanted to leave when they went to pick them up.

When we got to Nassau we took a taxi to Cable Beach for 5.00 per person. The water was crystal clear and beautiful but the beach its self was a little on the dirty side. On our return trip to the ship we found that we could take the local bus for only 1.00 per person. A lot of the shops closed at 6 pm.

The next stop was Coco Cay, Royal Caribbean's private island. We signed up for the snorkeling excursion. Be aware that all your paying for is the use of their equipment. They don't guide you at all. You have to swim out to the snorkeling area and you are totally on your own. We didn't sign up for anymore excursions on the ship and found that we could do things on our own for a lot less money.

We had to go through immigration in Key West and that delayed us getting off the ship for several hours. For us that was o.k because it was raining anyway. When you get off the ship in Key West you will find people who rent jet skis and offer parasailing for about half the price the cruise line charges. We walked (and walked and walked) to the butterfly conservatory. It was neat to see all the butterflies flying around you but it wasn't what I expected. You can walk through the whole thing in a matter of minutes. The sunset in Key West is awesome, not to be missed.

The only negative thing I have to say about the ship is that not all of the elevators were working and you always had to wait to get on one. Other then waiting for the elevators the ship never seemed overcrowded. In fact there were times that we were the only ones sitting on certain decks.

We both enjoyed ourselves and were sad to leave. The disembarking process was very smooth. We would travel with Royal Caribbean again.

Publication Date: 04/14/07