Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by andydandy325: Jewel of the Seas - Western Caribbean

andydandy325
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 4.3
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Jewel of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2007

I live in Atlanta with my wife and two boys (13 and 7). The day before the cruise we drove eleven hours to Boca Raton. We stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites Boca very cheap and nice at the same time. The next morning at about ten we left for Port Everglades which was only about twenty minutes away. We parked at Park n' Fly and everyone was very nice and efficient. The shuttle driver even put our bags on the trolley so we didn't touch a thing.

Embarkation was an absolute breeze. It took us thirty minutes from walking in the terminal to eating in the windjammer. We did the Online check in which I highly recommend.

Jewel of the Seas is absolutely beautiful. Everything was always clean and the only thing I can remember that was negative about the ship was the pool. First it was saltwater which I personally don't like and there was only one and it was small. I know about the solarium pool but no one ever was in it though I did hang around in there for a while. More

After Lunch we played a round of mini golf very fun and then went to our stateroom. Cabin 7000 is incredible because it looks out over the bow of the ship so you always have a great view of what is happening. Due to the slanting of the ship we actually had about ten feet of space from the headboard to the base of the window in that space you can lay down and look at the stars. The room was much larger than I originally expected it to be and the couch was nice. Our sailing was the first to have the new Royal Caribbean bedding which was great. The room was impeccable the whole time. The only thing is our muster station is inside the theatre which was a little uncomforting.

We ate in the main dining room the each night and purchased a "Wine and Dine" package which saved a lot of money. The food was good but it wasn't incredible. Windjammer was good because there was never a line and you had a really great view. The Seaview Cafe was excellent but was often closed. There were two "midnight" buffets the first one was a waste of time but the second one was Incredible in Tides dining room.

Entertainment was first class. There were two production shows City of Dreams and West End to Broadway. There was also an acrobatic show "Flash and Fever", a Variety Show (Comedian and Magician) and "Delisco" all of which I loved a lot.

As far as activities go I recommend doing everything that you possibly can. This makes for many opportunities to meet people and do things that you wouldn't do normally. You must go the captain's corner thing it was very interesting.

In Key West we rented bikes and rode all the way around the island and stopped at a beach for a while. This was perfect and relaxing. In Cozumel we went to Xcaret eco- Park which was incredible an absolute must. In Costa Maya we went on a bike and kayak excursion and it was ok. Grand Cayman was the best port by far we booked a snorkel/stingray city tour through Moby Dick Tours and it was incredible.

Service was incredible all the time everyone smiled and some greeted you by name. Whenever you need something they are always there.

Disembarkation was easy and the only real holdup was getting off the the ship not customs or anything else.

The others on board really make the cruise and they were great some of the teens were rude but it really was a good mix of people.

This has been one of the best vacations of my life and I cannot wait for another Royal Caribbean cruise. Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>