Crown Princess Cruise Review by Joe: Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2007
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

EMBARKATION

We arrived in San Juan around 1:35 pm and got to the port at 3:00 pm, and we were in our cabin by 3:15 pm. When we arrived at the port, the lines were not crowded so we were able to get right on! We brought our own wine aboard the ship so we could enjoy it while sitting on out mini-suite balcony! We went up around 5:00 pm to watch the Ohio State vs. Georgetown game on MUTS.....boy that was an awesome game! After that ended, we went up to Horizons Court to have dinner, we were tired and did not feel like eating in the dinning room! The rest of the evening, we just relaxed and watched the ship sail out at 11:00 pm.

CABIN

We were in a mini-suite on Dolphin deck (Deck 9). For those who have never had a mini-suite, there are two small chairs, a table, and two loungers on the balcony. There was plenty of storage in the cabin! During the week, we had some troubles with the safe in our room. The safe kept resting itself and so we had to call the More pursers desk. Our cabin steward, Wilfredo, was excellent and kept our cabin spotless! He was GREAT!

FOOD

We ate in Horizon Court or Cafe Caribe most days for lunch, and we had traditional dining-late sitting seating in the Botticelli dining room. Some nights you could feel some rocking but it was not that bad. We had the best two waiters, Petre & Emerik who were both from Romania. Service was outstanding, and the food was delicious! The exception was the prime rib and the lobster tails, which were fabulous. The dessert selection was good; I had the New York Cheesecake all week! YUM! Horizon Court food was good-a big variety. The pizza from the Pizzeria out on deck was delicious, and the hamburgers and hotdogs from Trident Grill were fabulous. We never ate at a specialty restaurant nor do we buy ice cream. Overall, the food was good!

ENTERTAINMENT

The cruise director was Kelvin. He was a cool person. I thought he was ok. There were lots going on during the day. Loads of pool games and activities if you like that as well as activities in the lounges. The evening entertainment was ok. We did not not go to any production shows during the week and thought that they were not good at all, very boring! The best was a comedian named Darryl who performed in the theater the last night. He was funny-we laughed until we cried. There were several nights where the comedians were in Explorer's lounge, but even with two shows, seating was an issue and many people ended up standing. Get there early if you want to see the show in Explorer's. We went to the casino most nights. I played penny and two-cent machines and won some money, not a lot though! In addition, beware, loads of smoke!

MUTS

I did not watch any movies at night, but I did watch the final four between OSU and Florida! In addition, OSU and Georgetown...BOY THAT WAS AWESOME! Nevertheless, we did not watch any pool movies!

PORTS

St. Thomas - We have been here so many times that we decided to just walk around town and shop for the afternoon. We took a cab in to town, which cost $4 a person, which is not bad. We shopped until around 4:00 pm and decided to head back to the ship.

St. Kitts - We took a Kayaking tour on the Southeast Peninsula, which was hard at times because the wind was blowing in your face! This tour took up most of the time and when we were done, we had about an hour to shop or explore. I did not buy anything but it was neat to walk around town!

Grenada - This was the best island by far. We booked a party boat called the Rhum Runner II. This was awesome! We went on a 45-minute cruise in the harbor to a small beach on the other side of the island. We had about two or so hours to swim or relax. On the way, back we had rum punch and Caribe beer that was good! I highly recommend this tour! (PARTY BOAT AND CRUISE) We got back on the boat, had lunch and watched the boat pull out of the harbor.

Bonaire - This Island was beautiful and we decided to walk around for a bit. We tried to go to a beach but then we decided not to go so we went shopping and then went back to the ship around 4:00 pm.

Aruba - By far this is the island I really enjoy. I have not been back to this island since our cruise on the Ocean Princess in October of 2000. We took a kayaking Adventure tour but it was ok not that good! Therefore, I would not recommend it! When we were done, we went back to the ship, had lunch, showered, and went to do some shopping. We bought some souvenirs to place in our home.

CONCLUSION!

Overall, we had a wonderful time onboard this magnificent ship. I really enjoyed sailing out of Puerto Rico. This cruise had exceeded my expectations by far.

If you are going on this magnificent ship, I wish you all the best! Crown Princess is truly beautiful and you will have a wonderful time!

Cant wait to sail the Emerald Princess in 2008!!! Less