Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by pati germany

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by pati germany
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: pati germany
Cruise Date: March 2007
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean
I guess I should start with this was our 9th cruise. 7 on Carnival and 2 on Royal Caribbean. I would have to say that this was my least favorite Carnival ship. I have been on the Glory, (2) times on the Victory, Spirt, Conquest,Valor and the Miracle. I was really not all that impressed. We arrived the night before (3/24/07) and stayed at the Marriott Westshore. Very nice for the price we payed. We got up the next morning and took a taxi to the cruise port at about 11:00. We were on the port by 11:30. Nice port to get aboard.

We choose a balcony cabin on the 5th floor with an obstructed view. I hated it because we couldn't look down because the lifeboats were directly below us. We knew that going in but I didn't think it would be a big deal not being able to look down. I like watching people and I could see people coming on the boat. It saved us alot of money. But it was a typical balcony room. We had plenty of room. There were just myself and by husband. We usually travel with a group so this was different for us. We had great dinner partners with a table for 4 and really enjoyed talking to them (thanks Matt & Beth). Food was Ok and a little bit better than on our other cruises. Except the desserts.

Ports of calls were Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. We had been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel before and we loved those ports. However Belize was one of the poorest places I have ever seen. It was very sad to see how some people have to live. My son goes on a mission trip to Haiti every year and it was almost as bad as that. We just took a tour and I don't ever think I would get off the boat there again. Costa Maya is a very relaxing place. When you get off the boat there is a hugh swimming pool that you can use for free. There are swim up bars where you can get drinks and eats, for a charge. Just a very relaxing place. As for the ship, I was disappointed. After reading all the reviews on Cruise Critic I thought this was going to be a great boat. Not that it was OK it was, I just have been on better Carnival ships. Just try the Valor if you want a nice Ship. That and the Glory. If you ever get a chance get the rooms on the very back of the boat. They are awesome!!!! The shows were Ok and the casino was of also. We had fun and it was a relaxing trip, which we were really looking forward to. When we got back to Tampa on that Sunday morning we rented a car because we weren't flying out until Monday evening. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt and after a few attempts and 3 hours we finally got the room we wanted. It was a nice hotel and I would stay there again.

I guess to sum it all up the Miracle was OK for me but I don't think I would ever go on it again. Alot of people liked it from the reviews but if wasn't for me.

Publication Date: 04/14/07