Carnival Elation Cruise Review by kms007: Carnival Elation - Bahamas

Carnival Elation - Bahamas

Sail Date: April 2007
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Background: Two mid twenty year old females. My third cruise (2nd with Carnival) and her first cruise. We drove to Port Canaveral from Jacksonville on the morning of the cruise. Parking was very easy.

Stateroom: E108 - I liked being on the empress deck as I only take the stairs while on a cruise. The cabin was a standard inside cabin.

Ship Info: The ship was clean. It looked old at times, but it didn't bother me.

Activities / Entertainment: We both went to the spa and enjoyed massages. Both of us fully enjoyed the experience. We watched the newlywed game show and that was entertaining as always. We went to the sing along piano bar on two evenings, and that was very enjoyable.

Service: I found service to be very good. By the end of the cruise waiters knew my name. I found the crew to be very friendly also. Our cabin steward did a good job.

Shore Excursions: We went snorkeling in Freeport, on the "freeport snorkel tour". I really enjoyed More the snorkeling and would recommend it to others. In Nassau, we didn't go on any shore excursions. On Saturday evening, we went to Atlantis and walked through the aquarium (it was free after dark). We also went to Senor Frogs, I felt pretty old to be there, the crowd was primarily under 21. On Sunday morning, we took a cab to a beach on Paradise Island. It was very nice, the waves were big. There were a lot of vendors on the beach.

Dining: The food was fine. Not that great, not bad.

Disembarkation: We opted to carry our bags off, that went smoothly. There was a delay due to non-US citizens not going to where they were supposed to. But we were still on the road by 9am.

Summary: Overall, the cruise was enjoyable. I would cruise on Elation again. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>