“Grandeur of the Seas - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas

iagal1966 Grandeur of the Seas 5 Grandeur of the Seas - Western Caribbean
iagal1966
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Wow - what a cruise. This was the first time my 12 year old daughter and I had cruised and it was amazing. I had heard on several previous reviews this was an older ship and was concerned. After seeing how well it was kept up there was absolutely no reason for concern.

Getting on the ship was extremely easy and we were checked in and on the ship within 1/2 hr. I would suggest online checkin.

Meals - Again fabulous. We ate in the dining room each night at dinner and although I was concerned when I saw we had been seated at a table for 10 we have a great dinner group. Met some fabulous people and had a great time. The food in the Windjammer was also good we ate there for lunch on several occasions.

Shore Excursions - We took the trip to Hell in Grand Cayman, The Land/Sea in Costa Maya and just shopped in Cozumel. I only wish there had been more time when at the ports - they were a lot of fun and the excursions were great!

There is only one complaint that I do have and that was the billing and check out procedure. It took me over 2 days to have a charge removed from my bill that I was absolutely sure wasn't mine. I would also assure if you have transfers back to the airport that you confirm where you can be picked up as I was told any taxi in New Orleans could take us back to the airport and this was not correct we ended up having to pay for a taxi back to the airport because we had not been picked up that morning.

But all in all the cruise was wonderful and I'll be excited to see how the Grandeur comes when it comes out of dry dock and is updated.

-Kay-

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Grandeur of the Seas Review
Grandeur of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?