Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Flutterbye: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2003
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We had a wonderful time! We stayed at the Radisson at the port on Friday night and left our vehicle there during the cruise. We didn't get to the hotel until about 6:30pm so the earliest shuttle available was at 1:30. We didn't want to wait so we decided to call for a cab. The hotel called and scheduled one for 11:15 but it didn't show up. An available cab pulled in at 11:40 so we took it since ours hadn't shown. The fare was 8.00 plus tip, our cabbie was great. He was like a tour guide with all kinds of info about the ship and the port, he also loaded and unloaded our bags and got someone to put them up for us so we didn't have to do anything at all. Embarkation went very smoothly and we were on the ship, by 12:15. We couldn't get in the rooms until 1:00 so we went up and got something to eat until it was time to go to the room. Our luggage didn't get there until about 2:00.

The food was great throughout the trip, and the wait staff was spectacular! Our head waiter found More out my husband was a vegetarian and since he was from India he was great to work with him. Every night he would say "this is great for you" or "this is made with chicken broth" etc... he also said once "this really isn't that good, so don't get it."

I loved the ports on this cruise with the exception of Progresso, which was pretty boring. We used Coral Breeze to go snorkeling in Belize and it was wonderful, we just shopped in Cozumel and we only spent about an hour in Progresso.

My only complaint was that our room made soooo much noise. It was fine the first few days then it started to rattle, the walls and the ceiling. I would lay in the bed and stretch my leg all the way out to the wall and put a tiny bit of pressure on it and it would stop, but as soon as I moved it would start back. It really got annoying, it kept us up the last two nights of the cruise and made it really hard to go to sleep. I definitely suggest this cruise, we had a wonderful time!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>