Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by marsmetz

Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: marsmetz
Email: marsmetz@optonline.net
Cruise Date: August 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
        7-9 3.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Norwegian Dawn - Bermuda
I realize that many people already stated that the hurricane cancelled our plans to ncl private island and bahamas. Therefor, we went to Bermuda, Bermuda and Bermuda! Yes, it was two days of rough seas and seasick folks. I'm not sure if I was sick from the boat rocking or from the quality of the food. This was my first and last cruise. I have always heard the food is abundant and awesome. Well the abundant part is true, but the awesome part would only be allowed from an ex con! Where do these people eat that can rate this substandard cafeteria food and good? I must say that my daughter did enjoy herself and the directors of the kids were very energetic and nice. However, I foolishly expected big pools for us to go swimming in. Well there was one pool no bigger than my living room and that was for over 2,000 people! It was ice cold sea water! We didn't need to worry about all 2,000 people wanting to go in. There was four circular hot tubs that 6 people could fit in, so if my math is correct 6x4=24. That leaves 1,976 people with no pool or hot tub at any given moment. Oh but I splurged and paid $10 to go in a warm pool inside the weight room, only thing they wouldn't let my daughter come in with me, so this was her birthday gift for us to go on a vacation together and we couldn't even swim together. Unless we wanted to reenact the seen from the Titanic and watch our lips turn blue and freeze to death! By the end of the trip my daughter had pink eye, strep throat, and an ear infection. Oh they let me see the ship doctor, who prescribed childrens Tylenol for strep throat and only charged me $95 for that medical advice! My friend who came with us also got sick a few days after the cruise from hell. She is still sick and no one can figure out what;s wrong, I think it was from that ship. They show a movie of how they recycle the septic water to drinking water. Thats what I want to see as I sip a glass of water after throwing up from sea sickness. Made me feel so much better to know that only a few short hours ago this very water was coming out of someone's ass! Well people don't let me discourage you from cruising, just don't choose the Dawn!

Publication Date: 03/26/07