Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Javier Raiford

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Javier Raiford
Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: Javier Raiford
Cruise Date: March 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4a
See More About: Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory - Bahamas

My cruise on the Carnival Glory was my third cruise with Carnival in the past 12 months. I travel with my brother and sister and we each have our separate cabins. Carnival offers the best pricing for people traveling together, but wanting separate cabins.

The Carnival Glory was by far the best cruise ship that I have been on. I have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. First, embarkation was an absolute ease. Had I completed my Immigration Form for the Bahamas and had entered my credit card information when I completed my Funpass on line, it would have taken about 12 mins instead of the 20 mins that it did! (That was a joke!) Once on board, my brother, sister and I were in awe of the beauty of the ship. Our rooms were ready for us when we arrived, which was about 1:30 pm. Our luggage was at our cabin before our 6:15 dinner seating.

The activities on the ship were plentiful. There was always something going that would interest just about anyone with a pulse! The different themed rooms of the Carnival Glory were beautifully designed. The entertainment on the Carnival Glory exceeded my expectations as well. At the Casino Bar, there was always someone there playing great, upbeat, Caribbean or other themed music. The Ivory Club (the jazz bar) was beautiful and had and OUTSTANDING quartet. The Cinna-Bar (the piano bar) had a great musician who knew how to have a great time with all the cruisers that crowded that bar every night. The Blue Bar/Club also had an incredibly great band. If you love live music, you will be able to get your fill on this ship. White Heat (the dance bar) had 2 awesome djs that kept the floor jumping all night long! If you like karaoke, the Ebony Cabaret room had a great crowd every night as well. However, the Amber Palace was by far the most impressive. Great choreography and singing by the cast. The shows were immensely entertaining and far better than any shows I have seen on any cruise ship.

Now, I have read many reviews about the food on cruise ships. Our dinners were great. There were plenty of choices for dinner each night and their diet/sugar-free desserts were unbelievable!! I have diabetes and had no problem choosing sensible foods the entire week. (It's up to you however to exercise your own control!) Remember that you can order as many appetizers, entrees and desserts as you want! Let me say that most of the offerings are not what most people would see on menus at you favorite restaurants in your home town/city. With that in mind don't hesitate to try everything new and different! Now, about the quality of the food. I found everything acceptable, with the sugar-free desserts the only true stand outs. With that being said, I couldn't imagine anyone being unhappy or unable to find what they liked or wanted.

The cruise that I was on had TONS of crazy and out-of-control college spring breakers on it. My hat is off to the staff, crew and captain of the Carnival Glory for an OUTSTANDING job of properly and appropriately handling the behavior of quite a few of these disrupters. Security was in force in all trouble spots. I know of several who had personal visits and consultations by security. They were told that their behavior was not acceptable, it would have to change and had to sign forms stating they would discontinue their disruptive behavior or be removed from the ship. This was not done in an embarrassing manner but handled appropriately and there was a change in behavior by the disruptive spring breakers. Once again, hats off to Carnival Glory for a job well done.

The cruise I was on also had a jumper! Once again, I believe the Carnival Glory's staff, crew and captain handled that incredible situation with utmost care and expertise. I was on the Lido deck about 30 mins after the man jumped ship. The seas were rough, the wind was quite strong and it seemed/appeared that the Carnival Glory Captain, crew and staff were in automatic mode keeping the rest of the cruisers aware of what was going and to continue the security and safety for all. The Carnival Glory had a rescue boat of its own in the water searching for the man who had jumped long before a Disney ship, several Coast Guard Cutters and helicopters arrived in the area and assisted. After spending 2 1/2 hours on deck watching all the activities, I went to my cabin at 4am.

The excursion that I chose to go on was the Zip Line Canopy Tour in Belize. The Zip Line adventure itself was FANTASTIC!! Be aware that there is a terrible 1 1/2 hour bus drive to the site for the excursion. The bus was air-conditioned, the tour guide was wonderful. The road, about 30 mins in turned to an incredibly bumpy road. Carnival does not let the tour organizers provide lunch, so take a hearty snack with you if you choose this excursion. I chose not to take the Mayan Ruins tour in Costa Maya because that tour had a 2 hour bus ride one way! We were only going to be in port for 7 hours. There's not much to do or see at the dock in Costa Maya. The usual tourist trap of shops selling everything you don't need is about all you will see. There were plenty of excursions to choose from, but I opted to shop around a little and then headed back to the ship and enjoyed the sauna and spa that had basically no one in them except staff.

Speaking of the staff and crew of the Carnival Glory, once again they were outstanding! To my brother, sister, me, and several other people that I met on the ship, everyone working on the ship was centered on everyone having a great time, our comfort and most importantly our safety.

Carnival Glory does it right and I am already planning my next cruise on this Fun Ship!

Publication Date: 03/21/07