Norwegian Sun 4

“Norwegian Sun - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Norwegian Sun

Amanda
Member Since 2000

Overall Member Rating

Embarkation was swift for us. We got there early and were on the ship in less than 20 minutes! If you want to avoid a long long line, get there early. Luggage got to the room very fast also!

We had a window room with a huge porthole. I found this nice that we could look out the window and see where we were instead of being in a black hole and not knowing where the heck we were. The room was as expected, but the stewardess was wonderful. Was a little upset that we didn't get a towel animal. But, oh well...

Did not enjoy the "freestyle" cruising theory. 1.) All the FREE restaurants were mediocre. 2.) You had to pay for the good restaurants. 3.) Everything else on the ship is outrageous! Especially drinks! This cruise would be good for you if you don't plan on drinking any alcohol. If you do, bring a ton of extra money!

Entertainment was by far the best I've ever seen on a cruise ship. Amazing dancers!!! I was very impressed.

The service was More wonderful, but of course they are hounding you every minute you don't have a drink in your hand. Hey, they want you 15% tip (which is added to everything). Everyone I encountered was very friendly and willing to help me if I had any questions.

HELPFUL TIP FOR EXCURSIONS: BOOK ONCE YOU GET OFF THE BOAT! THE SAME EXCURSIONS ARE OFFERED ON LAND AND ARE ABOUT 1/2 THE PRICE! Costa Maya- Tourist Trap! Do an excursion! Guatemala- Not much there... Do an excursion! We went to the waterfalls and it was absolutely amazing! Highly recommend! Belize- My favorite Port of Call! Went snorkeling on the world's 2nd largest barrier reef! Pretty Cool! Cancun- Very touristy, but fun. Beautiful water, and lots to do. We rented a scooter and rode all over the place! Fun stuff!

Overall, this cruise was a blast, but very very expensive! If you have the money, then go for it! If you are on a budget, choose another line. Less

Norwegian Sun Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 03/20/07

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review

Norwegian Sun Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?