“Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

jesslvaudio Explorer of the Seas 2 Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean
jesslvaudio
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Let me first say that my wife and I have taken over 20 cruises, so we have seen quite a few ships.

Without a doubt, the 3 WORST cruise lines have proven to be Carnival,Norwegian and Royal Caribbean. Why you say? Well, we'll just talk about Royal, since that is the topic of this review. First of all, when you book an Owner's Suite (2nd best on the ship), you expect some amenities.What did we receive? NOTHING, until we complained. Cabin Steward? We left our room one day at noon, returned at 5pm from a shore excursion. Room was STILL NOT CLEANED. When asked, the Cabin Steward told us we HAD to be out of our room before noon to expect service. Worst of all, he ARGUED with my wife about OUR schedule.

Laundry Service: My wife sent 2 pair of slacks to be laundered. What does she get back? One pair of slacks, and a pair of men's jeans. (Not even my size.)

Activities: Average.

Ship: Absolutely Beautiful.

Ship Stores: Great, and Large Selection. Tip for First Timers... Ship Stores ALWAYS offer the best prices.

Dining: Good Service, Average Quality. Great, if you enjoy FOOD POISONING. (More on that later.)

Specialty Restaurant: Fun, Good Service, Average Quality.

Medical Facilities: Good. Saturday was our 'Day at Sea'.(Day at Sea = you can't get sick elsewhere). Immediately after dinner on Saturday, my wife rushed to the bathroom.....her stomach was cramping up and she was in pain. Around 2am in the morning, I woke up and proceeded to spend the next 3 hours jogging between the bathroom and the bed. At 8am, I couldn't even get out of bed to disembark. Ship doctor came to room, and suggested I go to medical Facility. I was there until 11am, diagnosed with a gastrointestinal infection (aka FOOD POISONING). Five bags of IV and multiple shots later, I was able to stand up. To add insult to injury, I was charged over $700 for the medical service. RCL has NOT returned any of my calls or responded to any emails about this. So, Owner's Suite: $4700 Onboard Bill: $2500 Medical Bill: $ 700

Was it worth it? NO,NO,NO.

It's ironic, that RCI (Royal Caribbean Incorporated) also owns Celebrity Cruise Lines. Celebrity is the BEST bang for the buck. GREAT ROOMS, GREAT SERVICE, GREAT FOOD, GREAT SHIPS.

If you want the BEST experience in cruising, at mid-level pricing, stay away from the others and go Celebrity. Unless you enjoy spending your time in a ships hospital, STAY AWAY FROM RCL.

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Explorer of the Seas Review
Explorer of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?