Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by ladyb5

Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 4D
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
This was my first cruise along with a group of 8. We flew to Houston the morning of then took a shuttle to Galveston. Everything went smoothly and on time. We reached the port early but was only there for about an hour before we were allowed to board early. Yeah!! Once aboard we went straight to deck 9 for lunch. Be prepared to have lots of drinks shoved at you starting there and no they are not free. Lunch was ok, food was somewhat cold as it was almost every time we at the buffet on the Lido deck. After we finished lunch we went to check out our rooms and there were ready. Surprising to me they were a lot bigger than I had pictured. They were really nice rooms with lots of closet space. Later that evening our luggage arrived and we unpacked then went on a tour of the ship. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that a ship would have so much to offer with such beautiful decor. It made for some great pictures.

We ate in the Renoir dining room every night. Our waiters Antonio and Slumet were the absolute best. They always greeted us with a smile and pulled out the chairs for us to be seated. After the first night of getting to know our likes they were prepared from then on with the coffee or the cranberry juice that we wanted. The whole dining room crew either sang or danced for us every night. My cousin had a birthday that Saturday and they brought her a cake and sang happy birthday to her.

Our room steward Angel was just that and angel. Our room was always clean twice a day and each evening after dinner we had turn down service with the cute towel animals. He was so friendly and really concerned one day when my cousins husband was in bed sick. We did have some rough waters at times and most of my group had some form of seasickness. I on the other hand did just fine even though I had my doubts before we sailed. I took Dramamine for the first 3 days just to be on the safe side but nothing after that.

We went to the shows almost every night, did the disco several nights also. We had the early dinner time 6:15 so we had a few hours in between to just lay around and watch TV. I was surprised to find as many movies playing as it was.

In Jamaica we did the tour and shopping excursion. Visited Margaritaville. The water there were so beautiful as well as in the Cayman Islands. We just walked around and shopped in the Caymans. Once we got to Cozumel we took a $6 cab ride to the shopping mall. Got some pretty good bargains.

I had heard about the pictures that the carnival photographers took on board the ship. Let me tell you those guys really know what they are doing. Just about all of the pictures I saw were absolutely gorgeous. I ended up spending almost as much money on picture as anything else. And at $21.99 for an 8 X 10 picture it really adds up fast. Carnival needs to do a little better about their pricing there. Also my cousin said my name was drawn during bingo, since I wasn't present I didn't win. I never put my name in anything that says you have to be present to win so Carnival needs to clearly state that on their drawing boxes.

Once back to port in Galveston we did the self assist because we had an early flight as must have been quite a few others because the Toulouse Lautrec Lounge was overflowing with people waiting to get of early. Next cruise I hope I don't have an early flight because handling those bags wore me out. It didn't take long to get through customs. We had to wait about an hour for our shuttle bus to leave since we got off the ship earlier than anticipated.

This was a very enjoyable experience for me and I will most certainly do it again. By the way my team (Blue) won!!

Publication Date: 03/14/07