Carnival Valor Cruise Review by suegeee: Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2007

Just got back during the night but HAD to review this cruise for those of you who are maybe first-timers and need some info and opinions *s*

Embarkation: Smoothly done, considering the numbers going on this ship...we're from Montreal so we flew into Miami and stayed overnight first..did the walk down Ocean Drive which was cool. Once on the ship, there were a few lines to wait in but once you get that out of the way, you're ready to start your vacation;no big deal.

Cabin:The room we had was amazing..we were originally going to have a room with a balcony and then got an upgrade to a suite with a balcony and made good use of it for sitting out in the the early evenings with a glass of wine...*sigh*

Entertainment: First of all, I have to mention Chris, the cruise director, who I understand was new to the ship this week! He was fabulous..professional,upbeat, British and hilarious and I hope for the Valor's sake, he's there for a good while because he just set More the tone for the week...the shows were awesome! Great singers and dancers...we had the late dinner seating at 8h30 and would head over to the theater for the 10h30pm shows and stay for the comedians, who we also enjoyed.Great seats in the theatre, you can see from every vantage point.The look of the ship is dramatic and you just feel spoiled to death...the crew is totally eager to please..this was our first cruise and we were blown away!

Excursions: Book cavetubing.com and save money and have a blast doing it! They're great, enthusiastic and really make that extra effort to make you feel special, all the while enjoying your walk through the rainforest and your trip through the caves, which are fascinating. In Costa Maya, we booked through thenativechoice.com for the Mayan ruins and pyramids....we had Davide as a tour guide and does he know his stuff! I couldn't get enough of listening to him describe the civilization and spirituality of the Mayan peoples.....well-worth the trip. Honduras: Our excursion was cancelled due to a storm...but it cleared out after lunch and we were able to walk through the village and really get a feel for how the locals live..alot of poverty but fascinating... Make sure you reserve night at Scarlett's...you'll be treated like royalty, the food is to die for and the presentation was amazing! We ate nightly in Lincoln and thoroughly enjoyed the people watching...the food was great and our waiter actually brought me three desserts the last night to "fatten" me up *lol* I am really impressed with the Valor, the staff, the cruise director and our outings..I was crying when the vacation came to an end and hope to go again! Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>