Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Rrodeo

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean
We just returned home from a GREAT 7 day cruise on the Glory. We were with a group of 116 people...This was a fourth cruise and our third with Carnival...I feel they offer the best cruise for the money.

At first I thought our cruise was ruined as DELTA LOST my luggage and we had to wait for the next arriving flight from Atlanta to Orlando to arrive. Fortunately my luggage was on the next flight. We just made it to the port at 3:30pm and sailing was at 4pm. We literally flew through embarkation and was on the ship in less than 20 minutes.

We had a room with a balcony and it was wonderful hearing the music of the wave put you to sleep at night. The room was a nice size with plenty of room for 2. Lots of closet space and the bathroom was also a nice size. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on!

We had coffee delivered to our room every morning. I utilized the jogging track every day and felt it was very easy on the knees. The only complaint I had was the jogging track did get a bit crowded on sea days. (Slower traffic needs to remember to stay to the right.)

The breakfast buffet had a nice selection and the chef at the omelet station was more than happy to make my omelet with egg whites. The lunch buffet also had something for everyone. Nice fresh selection of veggies for a salad, a different meat craving everyday, different types of warm veggies and a potato selection. If you couldn't find something at the buffet there was a New York Style Deli which I did not eat from but what I saw others eating did look delicious. There was also an Oriental buffet, a Grill with burgers, dogs and fries and a 24 hours pizza station. I had a slice of pizza with goat cheese, sausage and mushroom. Being from New York the crust was not what I was used to but the combination of flavors of the toppings were DELICIOUS. There was also a fish and chip station which was also very good! As for dinner I would recommend going to the main dining rooms. We did go to the buffet on 2 occasions because we did not want to change for dinner. The food at the buffet was okay, nothing spectacular. However, the food in the main dining room was wonderful! I read other reviews where it was mentioned that the portions were not enough, I did not find this to be true. The portions were normal serving sizes not the over crowded plates most Americans are used to eating at many restaurants. And if you were inclined you could have more than one of anything on the menus. If you love chocolate you must have the warm chocolate melting cake! Yum!!!.

As for the ports of call....we had been to all three previously and just did our own thing. We didn't bother getting off the ship in Bahamas, in St Thomas we just did a little window shopping and in St Maartin we took the water taxi across the bay to a little bar on the beach called the Fire House. Since my husband and I are both involved in Emergency Services we found this to be a nice little spot with familiar surroundings...lots of FDNY tributes as well as a display of things from departments in other states. The weather could not have been any more perfect in all ports.

On the last full day of the cruise we encountered some rainy weather but we went to the back pool which had a retractable roof over it. We were still able to sit by the pool and relax never feeling like we were enclosed.

The room steward was wonderful and the room was always spotless. Our waiter in the main dining room (Joel) was attentive and his services was speeding but not making you feel rushed.

We only made it to one show which was a Broadway tribute. Having seen many Broadway shows this did not compare to real Broadway shows but none the less it was entertaining.

My husband did go to see the adult comic and he said he was very funny but be warned he was a bit dirty.

As for debarkation, we did the self assist where you keep your luggage and take it off yourselves. Since we only had one suitcase each and just one carryon we took advantage of this service. I would highly recommend it. We were off the ship in less than 45 minutes.

I heard some people complain about the food or the service but I feel these individuals are extremely picky. My husband and I along with the other 114 people in our group had a GREAT TIME.

I have cruised with Carnival in the past and will continue to do so!

Have a great trip!