Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Marcy Langle: Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean

Marcy Langle
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2006
Embarkation: Galveston

This was our first cruise. My husband went through a local travel agent and signed us up for flight and cruise on the Ecstasy. Our flight left around 6:30 AM and took us into the Houston Bush airport. We found the Carnival rep and got ready for our bus trip to Galveston. We were surprised that we got a bus earlier than expected so when we reached the port it was no time at all to get checked in through security. I had also filled out before we left the quick pass to help in boarding. Our luggage was taken to our room and all we had to keep track of was our carry on.

Our room was fantastic. The bed and bedding was the best we had ever slept on. We both wanted to bring it all home with us. We had an ocean view cabin that I just loved looking out of. Our steward was so helpful and left us the most adorable towel animals. Any problem or question we had he took care of or told us who could help.

The main areas of the Ecstasy were great. I just loved the different color More schemes and some of the art deco design. It was fun finding my way around. My husband loved the pool area (that was one of the few smoking areas) and met quite a few people there early in the morning and late at night. Service was abundant no matter where you were on the ship. The meals were great and the food varied greatly. We usually went to the buffet for Breakfast and Lunch but did do the assigned seating dining at night. Our table mates were very friendly and helpful since they had been through this before. They gave us plenty of tips.

We did 2 different shore excursions. The first one was in Cozumel where we went to swim with the dolphins. This was the most amazing thing we have ever done. Yes it was a little pricey but in my opinion well worth it. Those animals are totally incredible. The other was in Progresso where we went to play 18 holes of golf. It was extremely hot and humid that day and we only made it through 9 holes. It was a beautiful course and for those who truly love golf I would highly recommend it.

The last day came way too soon but we knew it had to end. We had a choice to either disembark with our luggage or without. Since we only had a couple of suitcases we chose the former. It went great. We were in the first group to disembark. There was some waiting in line maybe 20 minutes but other than that getting through customs was a breeze.

We are definitely going to do this again. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>