Carnival Glory Cruise Review by 1st timer: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Embarkation was a breeze. We were on the ship by 11:30am and eating at the Red Sail restaurant by noon. Overall, we were disappointed with the food on the ship. The buffets were mediocre, especially the breakfasts. I found that the scrambled eggs were way too buttery. Breakfast in the dining room was definitely better. We also found that dinners in the dining room were not great. The chateaubriand and the NY Strip steak were pretty dry and usually overcooked. I do have to say that the Salmon was excellent! The chocolate melting cake was also fabulous. I ate this every night! The pizza, deli and hamburgers were also very good, as was the sushi.

The ports were all fun. We did kayaking in Cozumel and loved it. We did cave tubing through cave-tubing.com in Belize and it was fun. In Costa Maya we hung out at the beach and got fabulous $20 massages. In Nassau we did all of our shopping. I would definitely recommend doing your bargain shopping there. We got great deals on nice More items, especially purses.

The cabins were nice. Even though we were on the bottom floor and had no balcony (we did have a nice sized window), we enjoyed our room. There is plenty of storage in both the bathroom and the room, you don't have to worry about not having room for your clothes. I would suggest bringing some extra hangers.

The entertainment was fair. The late night comedians were pretty good. The singers and dancers were all right. The dancers were not always in sync and sometimes you'd see them make mistakes. The male and female vocalist were ok, but they also missed some notes, usually the high ones.

People loved the waterslide! Also, I found that there were plenty of lounge chairs all around the ship. On the first couple of days, they filled up quickly, but overall, it was not a problem finding chairs.

Debarkation was as easy as embarkation. I would definitely recommend self-assist debarkation where you take your luggage off the ship yourself. It is so easy! We were off the ship in no time. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>