Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by lee bohlmann

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by lee bohlmann
Celebrity Summit
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Summit - Southern Caribbean
Loved the cruise, but had very inadequate service in the cosmopolitan dining room for breakfast and lunch... mentioned it to our waiter Mario... who was wonderful... and he told us to complain, because they did not have enough kitchen help.. that's why everything was so slow.... the last time we tried it for breakfast we waited over 15 minutes for coffee....without stopping at our table ..... we had to flag waiters down....and the service staff was surly and gumpy...it was not up to Celebrity status.... also felt the Island tours were poor... we took a great one in St Maarten... and art tour, so we were so excited to sign up for others on St Kitts, st Thomas and St, Lucia.... on St Thomas and Kitts... the tours just led us to places that sold tacky items.... every stop!!!!also both tour guides had poor english and did not know anything... on St Kitts the guy would read all the signs... never explaining anything... nor could he answer questions.... we like to stay with the ship tours but these were expensive and disappointing... then in St Lucia... I found on a website the recommendation of jungle tours with Gerald Lecompte.... do not sign up with him...., the tour was awful... almost made us late for the boat and we missed one of the sites.... it cost us $80 per person... what a rip off.... never again will I take a recommendation from a website...not only that ...the tour guide drank rum punch the whole day... and fell asleep on the wild trip home.... I also thought that celebrity should have offered more snorkeling tours... I waited to sign up due to weather and stuff... and all were sold out immediately.... that's why we ended up with the island tours... in Barbados we rented our own cab and also rode the bus from the beach to the ship.... that turned out to be one of our better days... Needless to say.. it is buyer beware and I have certainly learned my lesson.... we cruise a lot and travel a lot... so this was a hard experience to have.., I thought I knew it all.... what a mistake that was.... Love celebrity line and will continue to use them... but with the understanding that I have to lower my expectations...I feel the cruise lines have to take a bit more responsibility for the trips they recommend... and should clarify that drivers need to speak english... Last year on the Infinity tour thro the Panama Canal... we had a young female student guide us through a full day trip in Costa Rica... she was grand and got a huge tip from all of us....Once again... I have just had such high quality from Celebrity in the past... that this experience has shaken my confidence...

I hope all readers learn from my experience and do more research on the offered tours....

and fort lauderdales parking and baggage pickup was awful....

Publication Date: 09/22/04