Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by hwagner

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: Q
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
I just returned back from my trip onboard the Majesty. I am a frequent RCCL cruiser. This actually makes my 7th cruise on RCCL in three years. Overall the ship just out of refurbishment looked great in all the public areas. I love the newly added Boleros Latin Bar, Sorrento's Pizza and the Compass Deli. But with everyship there are always negatives and positives.

Let me start from the beginning. Since we arrived to the port late, getting onboard was quick and simple. There were no lines (big change from the Freedom of the Seas). So we got our keys and boarded the ship. Once onboard we went to our cabin to drop our bags off and begin touring the ship.

The cabins are really small, but comfortable with the addition of the new bedding. Our bathroom however showed some signs of age. There was a lot of rust a long the door and so on. All and all the room was sufficient for our 4 night stay, although next time I would probably go with a higher grade stateroom. Our stateroom attendant was fabulous. One of the best we ever had.

After dropping our bags off we decided to go for lunch. Onto the food, I found most of the food in the dining room and buffet not up to par. Actually for lunch we ate at the buffet once, this was welcome aboard day. The food was dried out and cold. Although the Compass deli offers a nice alternative for lunch (soups, salads, and paninis). As for dinner, we had late seating and the food was always cold and usually tough and fatty. The night they served the lamb, it was horrible. There is no other dinner alternative other then Johnny Rockets. Our service at dinner was ok, not outstanding. My husband and I mentioned to our waiter our problem with the food and he said they had a new chef this week. Had the compass deli been open for dinner, we would have opted to go their everynight that is how bad the food was in the dining room. One bad thing, Compass deli closed at 4 or 5 everyday.

Entertainment on board the ship was great. The first night we watched an excellent comedian (extremely funny). Cruise director and staff kept it fun. We spent alot of time at the Boleros Latin bar. The mojitos, bar staff, and musical entertainment where great. Would recommend anybody to this bar as the bartenders everynight had a new card trick or game for the patrons to play along with. (Very fun bar)

Ports of call-Loved Nassau and Key West. CoCo Cay, unfortunately the weather was cold and raining so we spent the day on the ship. I would have really liked to see the beach. The Ports of call are what made us choose this ship.

Overall, the Majesty was not up to par as to what our experiences have been on other RCCL ships. I would probably not choose to do this ship again.

Publication Date: 03/05/07