Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Jess: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2007

Ok So this was my 5th cruise...(3rd on carnival, been on the Ecstasy,glory and Liberty, also did a Princess Cruise was on the Star Princess and a Disney Cruise years ago) and this was my Husbands first cruise. This was also our Honeymoon! and boy did we enjoy it!!

We flew down the day before, stayed at the fort lauderdale beach resort. Nice Hotel, but the pictures looked alot better then it was in person. Transportation to the hotel from the airport was cheap, 7$ and the next morning, we got a van ride to the pier for like 12. That was also 7$. All of this was very smooth.....

Embarkation: This was by far the easiest i have ever experienced. we had a continuous moving line....very smooth as well....we were on the ship by 12 and even though we could not go straight to our room that was fine.

we went up to the lido deck and the first thing that happened to us was they were giving us drinks right away! and boy was it good!! we went to the buffet which did More seem to have a strange variety of food....which was delicious.....After we ate, we went to our room and dropped off the few bags we carried on.

we then went exploring....and refilled our drink LOL which, seemed very strong, i think the drinks through out the cruise were stronger near the casino, cause they want to get you drunk and lose your money in there! LOL

The rest of that day was just relaxing and exploring....and lots of drinking...

Freeport: i personally hate the Bahamas, think it is the dirtiest place. we both got off of the boat for about an hour just to check out the "straw market" set up outside the ship. It was cloudy and overcast, so we decided to get back on the ship and go to the back and take a dip in the Jacuzzi!!

While in the Jacuzzi, i had one of the cruise security officers come over to me and tell me that i was in an adult Jacuzzi and had to be 18+ to be in it, I am 25 and was with my 31yr old husband so i found this to be abit offensive. i can read and i was just sitting there minding my own business... but whatever....

That night was formal nite, we did not go to this i didn't want to torture my husband too much with dressing up!! i didn't even tell him there was a formal nite until we were packing LOL its just not his style...... went to the buffet had prime rib...was pretty good!!

Next day was a "Sea" day..... we went up to try and find 2 lounge chairs near each other.......GOOD LUCK! we had to go all the way up to the very top of the back of the boat.... and even though we had some sunscreen on, we got scorched! even the top of my hands got burned!!!!! But thats why i went on Vacation, to get a nice tan to go home with!

Grand Cayman: This was my 2nd time going there, and i loved it just as much as before! we did the snorkel and sting ray tour.....i had also done this one before... As my husband put it, "it was a life changing experience" if you have the chance to do this, i definitely would!! if i go back i will do it again....i love it! after the tour, they dropped us off and, what a coincidence, right in front of Senor frogs LOL ..... so we went in there for a few cocktails. Two drinks cost 20 dollars! so thats all we had LOl but we had a blast this was so far, the best day yet...... AND VALENTINES!!!!!

back in out room we had 2 swans, in the shape of a heart to welcome us back! how sweet.......that was the high light of the trip for me! the towel animals....

Costa Maya: OMG this is was the most beautiful place i have ever seen!!!!! but, the only thing i didn't like was how pushy some of the shop people were....... we took a cab into Majahual. this was the nicest place to be!! we went to the Cats Meow, (only cause they offered free samples of Margaritas to us!!) we stayed there in the shade and had 2 buckets of beer for only like 20 bucks! this was a deal to me!! after finishing off the beers, we had to head back to the pier, we took some beautiful pictures here as well...... back at the pier, we were carrying our sneakers in hand, and in one shop i went into to look at jewelry, they wanted to make a deal for our shoes.....i got the pretties pink austrailan opal ring for my sneakers, and a blue opal with diamonds for my husbands sneakers LOL this was soo fun!! the things you can Barter with !!!! :) also being drunk made the deal making easier!!

back on the ship we got ready for formal nite........

Like i have read on other reviews, the food really wasnt that good on this ship! i was disappointed.....but to us that was really the only bad thing about our trip!

Every night we went around and took pictures with all the photographers... we are fun people and they had fun with us......Bojan the one photographer was amazing! i think every pic i bought, he took.....they all should be as friendly and as nice as him.....

Our last day at sea, was th ROUGHEST day i have ever experienced!!!! it woke my husband up right out of his sleep!!! and it was FREEZING!! this day, was a pack and relax day.....i also took the best nap of my life this day as well.....

DEBARKATION: very smooth, i opted to keep my luggage with me and boy, was it easy to get of the ship........i would definitely recommend it!

The ride to the airport was ok, everyone was complaining about the cruise....personally i LOVED IT! The airport was however a MAD HOUSE!! stay til the next day if you can!!

OVERVIEW:

i HATED princess cruise lines, and will continue to go on carnival. People were soo friendly!!! always smiling and joking it was a very memorable vacation and could not have been a better Honeymoon for us!! We are saving now to go on th Miracle in August from New York!

Until Then......... Less