Carnival Legend Cruise Review by PETER: Carnival Legend - Southern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Southern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Legend - Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2007
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was our first cruise but it won't be our last. My wife and I drove from Ontario Canada with another couple to Fort Lauderdale, stopping at Daytona to catch a Nascar race. Only one of the four of us had ever been on a cruise before. We got into Fort Lauderdale on Sunday afternoon, got to our hotel, then set off to find the pier so we would know where to go the next day. Getting to the pier was easy and only a 5 minute drive from our hotel. Embarkation Day: Got to the pier dropped off the girls and the luggage and went to park the car. From some of the reviews I had read I really didn't know what to expect.  Some said easy and fast some said they took forever. Well ours couldn't have gone any better. The gentleman from carnival explained everything we had to do when we told him it was our first cruise. We walked into the terminal at 1 o'clock and by 1:40 we were sitting on the lido deck with the drink of the day in our hand looking around in awe. We were told our rooms would More be ready by 3 but we went to them at 2:30. Luggage arrived before supper.

We had the 5:45 seating for supper on the upper deck with Slyvanas as our head waiter and Jenny as his assistant. Pinky was our bartender for the cruise.After the first night when we got to our table our drinks were there shortly after we sat down (Fred's Bud Light, my CC and coke and the ladies bottle of wine)Service was exceptional and so was the food. Slyvanas gave us his recommendation and only once did my wife order something that she did not like and her meal and he immediately replaced it with another choice.

Half way through the cruise I realized I needed to have my glass of milk with dinner. Jenny never forgot after that and made sure the glass was always full. Dessert oh my. At least one person at our table had the melting chocolate cake for dessert every night.I had heard about them from reviews and they lived up to what everyone said.All the meals were perfect. We ate at the buffets for breakfast and lunch. The selection was great and so was the quality. Again I had read some complaints about the food but they must have been from people to whom you could never please because I found the food fantastic.

There was always lots to do and things to see. It took me a couple days to find my way around and there was always a crew member to point me in the right direction. I can honestly say that I never once had any crew member that was not friendly and always said hello.

We took the 4x4 jeep excursion on St. Maartin. We got to see most of the Island, do some shopping and go the Orient Beach.It was a very good time.

On St. Lucia we took the best views of St. Lucia tour.I'm glad the bus had a good transmission and good brakes. The Island was beautiful but I must say I think the poorest of the three.

On St Kitts we decided to take the water taxi over to the beach and spend the day in the sun and water. We went jet skiing and drank dollar beer till it was time to return to the ship.

We found all the entertainment to be excellent. The dancers, singers, hypnotist,village idiots, Brent the cruise director all were top notch.

Our disembarkation was a breeze. We did the self disembarkation. We were leaving the ship at 7:30 and we were on the road by 8:05.

In summary I can not say enough positive things about Carnival Cruises.Before leaving I probably read 40 reviews of the Legend and there may have been two that were negative. Well I guess you can't please everyone but after seeing things for myself I will return. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>