MSC Musica Cruise Review by iayesh: NEVER AGAIN.

iayesh
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on MSC Musica Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

NEVER AGAIN.

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

I rarely write a bad review unless its worth it. Unfortunately, its worth it.

My family and I (total of 11 of us), travelled on the MSC Musica and I didn't read any reviews on this ship prior to booking. I just assumed all cruises were the same, given the fact that I have been on a couple Carnival cruises in the Caribbean. First off, embarkment was a little bit of a hassle. The staff were okay, but it was chaotic. Our bags were sent to the wrong rooms on different floors. Upon entry I paid for a discounted video souvenir of our trip to be picked up when it was over. Well don't purchase the video, unlike Carnival, we didn't see any filming on the ship that would include us. It was a complete waste of money for which I wasn't allowed a refund. Well, lets just consider that incident minor to what's more important, our other experiences. The WiFi was terribly over priced, I can't remember the exact cost, but it was outrageously expensive and requires a log in, log off from a More timer despite your device being off. They will not credit you time if you forget to log off. On other cruises the cost for internet is usually around $30 for the entire trip. MSC wanted something like 60 EURO for 1 hour of internet. The rooms were somewhat clean, I was a third person in a cabin so I slept on a convertible sofa bed, which When I arrived already had a used blanket and pillow. Other members reported they found hair on the sink top. I don't know why this was the case given the fact that we witnessed the crew constantly cleaning the ship. speaking of the crew, they seemed unhappy and overworked. A few crew members explained their long hours to us, I felt bad. The reception staff are helpful at times but when it comes to removing charges that you are allowed to remove they make up rules such as "you needed to come more than two days ago to request the removal of the gratuity service charge", when in fact another member of my family had just removed it a few minutes prior. The shows on the ship are great the first night, but then they're boring when you realize its the same performance every night just a different costume. No comedy shows like other cruises.

The food in the dining room sucks and the buffet is okay but its going to be pretty much the same every day. Now, I try to never generalize a people for any reason, but it seemed like a particular people are very rude. I mean they cut in front of you at the buffet lines, step on your shoes, bump into you, and all with no care in the world to excuse themselves. One of my family members was wheelchair bound, being the first in front of the elevator, they don't wait for you as anyone else would to allow you to get in the elevator, instead they stampede in. This isn't the cruises fault of course, but it didn't help with making life on a ship for 7 days any better. After 4 days we found ourselves ready to jump off and swim for it. Now all cruises will make you feel a little bored after a few days but we figured with no days out on sea and with a port stop everyday that we would fine.

We'll the ports were good, I RECOMMED YOU DO NOT BOOK FROM THE CRUISE, save money and enjoy the freedom by booking with a local cab driver when you get off the ship, be ready to negotiate. Either way, they are always cheaper than booking excursions from the cruise. Example: the cruise will charge 60 EURO per person while we would only pay 50 EURO for everyone and not each person.

again. I WILL NEVER GO AGAIN ON MSC Less

Read more MSC Musica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Musica Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Musica 12116

Valencia, Not Barcalona. It was beautiful

its okay. nice to see Christopher columbus' house.

Read 129 Genoa Reviews

Book excursions outside the cruise to save money.

Read 102 Palermo Reviews

Great Island. DO NOT GO TO ANY CAVES, HONESTLY A WASTE OF MONEY

Great!, the best thing to save money to get to Rome is to take the train.

The most welcoming port of them all, we were greeting by a drum playing band of 4. We danced on and off the ship. There is history here and the people are very friendly.