Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by mugspaw: Great first Cruise for me and the family!

mugspaw
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great first Cruise for me and the family!

Sail Date: August 2014

As a first time cruiser I did not know what to expect, but after our cruise on 8/16/14 we are now a family of cruise loving people. We really enjoyed our experience on the Caribbean Princess. From the time we entered into the terminal to embark we were greeted with friendly employees who made our cruise experience enjoyable. I had read other cruise reviews that worried me about unfriendly service and a run down ship. I did not see that on my cruise. Every crew member I met returned my smile and greeted me kindly. Even the European crew, which is note worthy as most European cultures like France do not like to smile and greet people like we do in America.

The ship was in good shape, there was only one elevator that was not working but that did not bother me as it was in the middle of the ship near 7 other working elevators. I know our ship held over 3000 passengers but I did not feel crowded or overwhelmed by the numbers of people. I think the size of ship also was an More advantage because I rarely felt motion sick and I was really worried about that. I slept well and really only noticed a rocking on the first night at dinner when we were going through some rough water. However, I took some motion sickness pills and this allowed me to resume my activities unhampered. I celebrated a birthday and had my door decorated by our Steward, it was cute.

We chose the anytime dining option and rarely had to wait for more than 5 minutes for a table. Next time we think we will choose a traditional dining time though because it was nice to chat with others during dinner. The food was excellent and I tried many new things like Escargot and pavlovas. We ate in the Crown Grill and Sabitinis, both meals were delicious and I would recommend both restaurants. We also had ice cream shakes at the Ice Cream shop, good pizza and hot dogs at the places by the pool. We really enjoyed the International cafe with its 24 hour schedule and yummy snacks.

My husband and I did three wine tastings, one in Vines Bar and both Maitre'd tastings. Those were fun but the more expensive Maitre'd tasting was our favorite.

My teenagers really enjoyed the teen club, they looked forward to activities and actually skipped dessert one night to make it some evening activities. Do you know how hard it is to get teens excited about things? I really was pleased with the activities they chose for the teens and this allowed my husband and I to go see some shows on our own. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess D120

Our room was perfect for our family of four, one teen slept on a Pullman bed that was taken out above the coach sleeper bed. So each child had their own bed! The room was ideal and I used the balcony many times. Our Steward was ever so attentive and kept our room tidy and stocked. I enjoyed taking a bath and the closet area for storage. We did not feel cramped and have no complaints.

Snorkeling

(5)

The stingrays and snorkeling with a nurse sharks will not be forgotten, the crew was ok on the Oasis Diving boat. I wish we had longer to snorkel though!

Stingray Swim

(5)

What a fun time to hold a stingray.

The pretty beach and warm waters were worth the tender ride over to the Cay. We had a nice bbq lunch on the cay and really enjoyed the stop.

What a charming town and the free trolley was an added bonus. I really had a nice time touring the fort.

Read 1366 San Juan Reviews

Snorkeling

(3)

Crew of the Castaway Girl were friendly and catamaran was nice however the snorkeling was just ok.