Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by FerrariS123: Ready to travel with Disney again

FerrariS123
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Ready to travel with Disney again

Sail Date: August 2014
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

This was our first cruise, and we definitely liked being able to walk through a city-like ship, with shops, restaurants, bars and pools. It did get crowded at times, but we were expecting it, being August.

We booked as Concierge passengers, and that helped a lot at some times during embarkation and disembarkation, and for the excursions as well (you can make your bookings early).

Once in the ship, the helpful staff went through the whole excursion program with us, which was very good.

ON BOARD ENTERTAINMENT: We loved it. I must say I do love Disney and I often visit their theme parks as well.

FOOD: In general it was nice, but if you want to treat yourself one night, my suggestion is to go to the Dinner at Remy, which you could tell was a step ahead of the other places.

SHORE EXCURSION: in Grand Cayman we decided to do Stingray City (it is the most popular attraction there). We spent half an hour on the boat and approximately half an hour More with the Stingrays. I just loved it. The stingrays have actually become pets, the boat operators can handle them as they wish. But what I appreciated was that they did underline that we had to treat them with respect, keeping them in the water while petting them. After we got back to the boat dock (at the dolphin place where we left from), while waiting for the bus we were asked if we wanted to see a new underwater photo exhibition. The pictures were taken by a National Geographic photographer, and they were amazing. We were told he had to dive thousands of times to get those shots. Very interesting.

In Cozumel we did the Dune Buggy and snorkel experience, which again we enjoyed, even thought the dune buggy experience is not on any dunes, but well, you kind of expect that since you are at the Caribbean! Snorkeling was ok.

Castaway Cay is their private island, and I loved our cabana there. You are in paradise but surrounded by all comforts. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>