Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by curtiscruiser81012: Best Cruise for a quick getaway!!!!

curtiscruiser81012
Member Since 2014

Best Cruise for a quick getaway!!!!

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Freeport

My husband and I live in Jacksonville, fl. We have six kids! He works full-time, and I am a full time student and home maker. Our anniversary and my birthday are two days apart. We're heavily involved in our church so we were looking for something quick but amazing. I found this cruise on groupon, and i thought it was too good to be true, but i figured what the heck let's try it out. It was absolutely amazing. We drove down to West Palm the night before, which happened to be our anniversary, and stayed at Embassy Suites. When we got to the port, check in was a breeze. It took less than 30 mins from when we pulled up, to when we actually boarded the boat. When we boarded, the crew had lunch already prepared! The service was amazing. The servers were respectful of the fact that we don't drink alcohol. Once they asked once and we said no, we were never asked again. We chose to do the Jeep excursion. It was unreal! The day we spent on the island was actually my birthday. When we got back More to the boat, there was card in our room from the captain and crew wishing me a happy birthday. We ate at the crystal dining room! Definitely a gourmet experience. They even sang happy birthday and brought me a miniature cake! This cruise far beyond exceeded my expectations, and next time, i'm gonna choose the option to stay at the resort for a few days!!! Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8428

The room was not very large, but it's a cruise!!! you only need somewhere to rest up for the next day. Our room attendant was great. Our hallway was fairly quiet, not too far from the elevators, but far enough to not be disrupted by the constant cruise traffic. our window view was very nice.

Jeep Tour

The Jeep tour is the best excursion for your money. We went to the garden of the groves, the caves, a historic beach, and a private beach club. we also were able to kayak for free. We drove all around the island, and they even took us shopping. This was an all day event, and worth every penny! We were able to do more than just have a good time, and go sight seeing, we were able to see the culture and history of the island. It was truly amazing.