Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by aimeecj: Beautiful Ports, Cheesy Ship

Beautiful Ports, Cheesy Ship

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Greece
Embarkation: Venice

I have cruised on NCL before and I chose them because of the freestyle dining, which is extremely convenient when you are traveling in a group of 7 like we were. Here we were in Europe and the entire ship looked like it should have been in Hawaii. The decor was extremely cheesy and looked cheap. My parents had a balcony and their steward clearly took better care of them than ours did. We were lucky if the garbage was removed and towels were picked up off the floor and new ones were given. We also never got a towel animal, which my 11 year old was so excited about. Nor did we ever have ice in our ice bucket, yet my parents did every evening. The comparison between their service and ours was notable.

The cruise director and staff were great but the entertainment was a complete joke unless you LOVE the circus. There was a "Russian" juggling act that performed two nights and an Illusionist named Cripton who was just as cheeseball as the ship. All he did was make his "beautiful" More wife "disappear" over and over and over again and each time it was grossly obvious where she "went." It was painful to watch and I was actually embarrassed for them, not to mention over how dramatic the presentation was.

If you want to relax by the pool, get up on deck by 7 am and throw down some towels on the beds and chairs otherwise forget it. No one comes around and monitors how long towels have been laying there without a person and everyone does it. I hate it, but you have to play the game if you want some pool time.

The food I found to be decent with a ton of options. Do not try the eggs Benedict. They are absolutely

disgusting and do read the newsletter that is delivered regarding special culinary evenings because the lobster pasta was delicious.

The ports we visited, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos and Katakolon were absolutely breathtaking and they made everything about this cruise magical. All in all, I'll do a NCL cruise again, but I want a more "hip" and classier ship next go around. Less

Read more Norwegian Jade cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jade Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jade 9065

The cabin was fine, nothing wrong with it at all. Interestingly it was more expensive than my parents balcony cabin because I was traveling with my 15 and 11 year old and my parents only had 2 in a cabin. Seems a bit backward, but whatever. My 11 year old hardly eats anything so I'm sure I didn't get my moneys worth with him.