Disney Dream Cruise Review by berri1963

16+ 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
A Disney Dream

I booked a last minute cruise on the Disney Dream for myself and my two kids (ages 14, 16) Three nights to the Bahamas. We have never been on a cruise before, but we are hooked. We LOVED it. As usual, Disney thinks of everything and takes care of every detail. It couldn't have been easier and more enjoyable. The ship had everything. The service, the staff, the food, etc was wonderful. I was worried about the stateroom being small, but it was much bigger than I anticipated. We had a window and it was quite large, which was nice. The bathroom is split with a shower in one and toilet in another. The only think I didn't like was the lights. Your room key must be inserted by the light switch to make the lights go on. If it's not, they will not turn on. This was a problem one night when I got up to use the bathroom and had to use the flashlight on my phone to see. Our room had a large bed, a futon and a bunk that pulled down from the wall. There is a curtain between the bed and the futon area. That was nice if you want a little privacy. The bed was very comfortable for myself and my daughter. My son slept on the futon with no problems.

There are activities all day and at night. The shows are great. Make it a point to see them. We had the later dinner, which I thought was better. That way you didn't have to rush back to get ready. The food was wonderful. My son is very picky and they were very accommodating with him at dinner. The pools are small and loaded with kids, but no one seemed to mind. The Disney Dream has the water slide which was fun, but the line was long. There is a teen club call "vibe" and my kids loved it. Honestly I have nothing bad to say. We had a great service and sat with a lovely family at dinner every night. Don't bother with cell phones, it's too expensive. Because you are out at sea, you are subject to roaming charges. Also, there is not internet. You can pay for a plan through Disney, but it's expensive. We just didn't use our phones other than to take pictures. Disney issues two wave phones, which allow you to communicate with other family members if you separate on the ship. Unfortunately, they didn't work too well for us. Not sure why, but it wasn't a big deal. Overall, it was a great trip and we plan to do it again.

Publication Date: 08/30/14