“Very relaxing, good ship but could use some improvement in the food.”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

seagoers Carnival Liberty 4 Very relaxing, good ship but could use some improvement in the food.
seagoers
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We have cruised many times(over 30) and this one was great except for the food. Getting on and off the ship was a breeze. We bought ground transportation from airport to ship and back but there was a little mixup on the numbers called to get off. We had # 3 and by the time they called it they had already had up to # 10 suitcases out. No big deal we made it to the airport in time for flight.

I don't think this is a pretty ship at all. The décor is so drab but very clean. It is hard to read the names of the venues with the kind of lighting they have.

The Guys burgers, fish & chips, burritos and the Asian food cannot be beat, very good. The food in the buffet and MDR did not fair so well. The pizza is so thin and I didn't get a piece that wasn't burnt. The ice cream is just frozen milk, but we did eat a few of these. I think Carnival has cut down on their staff because the service was so slow, especially in the MDR. Our server and ass't server were very friendly and they all work so hard. You have to feel for them.

The pools were always crowded on sea days, but I could always find a chair. They do put the chairs so close together that they are touching and they can be hard to get into.

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7406
We loved our cabin. Out the door and there was the elevator. Two floors up and there was the buffet for coffee In the morning, to be brought back down to the cabin. We always carry our traveling mugs and it makes for a great coffee carrier. The balcony was the smallest we have ever had on any ship, hardly any room to walk in front of the chairs, but it was still nice to set out there and enjoy with so many sea days.Two floors down and there was the promenade deck, where all the action is. Four floors down was the dining room. So from now on I am going to make sure I book a room around the same location as this one.

Port

We just walked into town and went to a casino, bought a hat and back to the ship for a Guy Burger. You can walk to town easy in this port

Read 989 Aruba Reviews
Port

We had never been here before and we loved it. We did find the locals not to be very friendly, but the colors of the buildings and the floating bridge was great to see. We have another cruise already booked for next August for this same port and we are taking the highlight tour. Want to see this island.

Read 702 Curacao Reviews
Port

First time here and went swimming with the ships in the back ground. Very neat. The Splendor came in an hour after we did so it was a little crowded. Couldn't find a chair so hubby just set in Margartiville while I swam. Didn't stay to long, back on ship and went and got a wonderful burrito.

Apparently down the beach there is a little bar, that the crew goes to, that a dog puts on a digging show for people, but we didn't make it down there. It was very hot and the pool in the ship was empty and I was ready to get in without a crowd.

Read 1,364 Grand Turk Reviews
Published 08/28/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?