Disney Magic Cruise Review by kirstyjazz: Really enjoyed

Really enjoyed

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

11yr and 9 yr old girls and their parents. Love Disney, last 2 summers spend in Florida which we all loved but eldest gets travel sick and doesn't like flying so wanted to try a close option. I had been on a 2 week Caribbean cruise and a week med cruise previously and to be honest found the days at sea boring and got cabin fever a week in. My kids had never cruised.

Found 5 nts for us just right if you don't spend all day on excursions, enough time to try all the fantastic restaurants, see all the good shows ,enjoy the ship and keep being exciting .

So glad we took the advice for inside mid ship low floor room as its not true that the ship is always smooth! One night my eldest even with a " hyoscine patch" was unwell but felt ok in the room. Room was bigger than I was expecting , decent storage, (take extra hangers) and glad we took our fridge magnets to "decorate our front door".

We found the experience such fun from the moment we got on the ship , staff More fantastic especially the servers "Bradford and Nina". Last night we opted to go to Palo and thought we could take the kids first to the buffet but its shut on sea days, found out when we turned up!. My husband spoke to Guest services and our waiters and my two had a fab time on their own in Animations Palette , our servers even cut up their steak for them. We really enjoyed Palo but if I am honest found the soufflé at Lumieres just as good . They liked the independence of exploring the ship alone with their "wave phone" .

Enjoyed the disney shows , and the 3 d cinema but would have liked to know the 5 days listings times first day. I went to see a film alone as it was too late for the others, would have waited for us all to see together had I known it was to be shown in the Walt Disney theatre on the day at sea.

Would have like more adult entertainment in the day as we had already been to Rome so stayed on ship that day. Only one exercise class a day at very early times and then only for 30mins. I did make the Pilates 5pm sea day and it was a good challenging class , balancing tricky on a moving ship! Wish it had been longer though.

My girls were delighted with their pin trade, some great cruise ones changed when they had a 15min trading on one of the days, otherwise the shops had a few books ( usual average pins there)

Glad we took costumes for the pirate night, was a lot of fun and excellent fireworks and late night buffet, glad I skipped dessert that night (we had second seating).

Only restaurant that didn't wow us was cariocas. Menu looked nice but not as tasty or flavoursome as we were expecting.

Wished the bingo had been less expensive 60 dollars for a family of four too steep for a "bit of fun".

Liked cosy café, like a starbucks on ship, comfy chairs , magazines, good coffee (reasonably priced extra), quieter as adult only and very tasty "included" cakes/snacks . Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic 2075

good if anyone is worried about motion sickness as its mid shiproomy, clever pull down bunk, sofa by daynear tween club , near lifts but not too near you hear the noise