Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Betweisberg: Read the negative reviews AFTER I had booked

Betweisberg
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Read the negative reviews AFTER I had booked

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas

I booked a weekender cruise for myself and my 2 teenage daughters for a fun getaway. Our family has been on over a dozen cruises but never on NCL before. I picked the NCL sky because it had two ports and the carnival which we had been on many times only had 1. My daughter pulled up the reviews after I had booked and found negative reviews that ranged from how uncomfortable the pull out sofa third bed was, the rude unhelpful staff, the food, uncleanliness, you name it. I told her negative people like to write negative posts and if we listen to them we will never do anything.

We spent the entire cruise saying "what were they talking about?" . From the easiest boarding on and off to the no waiting restaurants, most comfortable pull out (which I claimed ahead of time to keep the peace, yay) beautiful stirrup cay, (take your own snorkel gear it's free) delicious food, most courteous and helpful staff ever. We were floored. I would definately go again. None of us had one single More complaint the whole trip. It exceeded our expectations... which wasn't hard considering. We did run into that negative person on the boat who will write a bad review. Wish I could write one about him,lol. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 4030

Loved this island. So much nicer than half moon cay and not crowded at all because it's huge. They have buried treasure all over the snorkeling area that looks very authentic and lots of beautiful fish to see. Bring your own snorkel gear if you want to save the $29 fate of the fancy tour fees. It's free. The boat to take you off had no wait at all for us coming or going. Very efficient. Go down the beach and swim in the beAutiful area around the huge boulders for a change of scenery. Wish we had done that sooner. Tons of chairs available all the time when we were there and the weather was perfect. No complaints at all.