Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Dicko200468: Fantastic & Amazed

Fantastic & Amazed

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

From reading the reviews on here think I must have been on another cruise to them. All I can say is them people should go on a ship Misery of the Seas.

Start with the embarkment day, used Eavseway coaches from Leeds very good but no wifi and no power sockets on and in year 2014 they need to sort this out, but overall a pleasant trip apart from stopping in Barnsley which is not the best of stopovers at the best of times.

In Southampton a dream straight to the desk and on the ship in 5 minutes, a credit to NCL where last year in New York it was absolute chaos.

The cabin was spotless and our cleaners were fantastic and kept it that way and we had a good laugh with them especially over cricket and LUFC.

The ship was awesome just the right size, and all areas were spotless, biggest issue on the ship was the lifts, where I worked out I spent 6 hours over the cruise waiting for them.

Facilities, the football pitch was too small, half the size of More other ships, and with 500 kids on, its no wonder it go full, the grass area I didn't understand and still don't, it was nice grass, no insects in them, and was ok for boules, but there are just not enough deck chairs on this ship and this could have and should be used to house more of them, its a waste of space, I had great fun with deck chair wars and beating people to them, but u are like sardines with them.

The gym I went twice and was a good gym but too busy, I also found a sauna on the last day but shame it was not mixed.

Entertainment I thought was awesome, the old girl from the working mens clubs ended up being quite good, but thought the comedy was amazing especially Doyle and the guy from Doncaster.

Food in the Sonatta place was very good but sometimes spoilt from being too fancy I like chicken and spuds but thats me, also disappointed no lemon meringue during the cruise but never mind, our waiter Raul was the best waiter in the world and I WISH we could get him on every holiday.

The buffet was average and repetitive, and the late night one was boring with the same food, breakfast was the same as any cruise, american themed but trying to be english and it don't work, come on celebrity give us Brits a normal sausage and heinz beans.

Ports were good, but sometimes arrived late and drinks package is great value .

There was always lots to do this ship and we had a great 2 weeks and would highly recommend it to anyone. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>