Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by debmich: Better than I anticipated

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bahamas Cruises

Better than I anticipated

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my 10th cruise, 4th with my teens who did Disney, RC and NCL. Having taken one other Carnival cruise in the 90's that I was less than satisfied with, I didn't expect much but felt it would be an economical vacation leaving out of NYC.

The reviews I read made me even more skeptical but I was determined to have a great time.

I packed bottled water but you really don't need to. Water is readily accessible and it would have been easier to bring a refillable water bottle for each of us.

I did bring an electric outlet strip which was very useful since there was only one plug in our room.

I missed purchasing the cabana rental on Half Moon Cay but brought my own collapsible sun tent and it was perfect, since I hate sitting in direct sun light.

I was very happy with the food and so many choices. The mac and cheese was the best ever. 24 hour pizza was great. I was never bored with the food. I did not eat in the steak restaurant but people More that did said it was fantastic.

The ship was spotless. The workers were all so pleasant and they have a tough job because passengers can be real slobs. I saw one boy drop a slice of pizza on the carpet and leave it there. He and his mom just walked right into the elevator. Come on people, show some class!

The Cruise Director, Eric, was hilarious. The shows were fine...dancers were great, singers pretty good.

Comedians were good, too, but enough with the F word. It doesn't make a story funnier.

I love the dome over the pool that can be opened and closed depending on the weather.

OK, so the ship colors are really awful...pink and black. And I would have loved a morning exercise class (for free), but the gym was good.

All in all, I had a great time and will definitely take another Carnival cruise, even as a single. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Oceanview Main 2305

Our cabin steward, Gary, was excellent. He was so pleasant and did a great job keeping our room neat.