Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Chefnosaj

Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: Chefnosaj
Cruise Date: August 2014
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Way Better Than I Expected

Let me start off by saying this.. I have been on several ships including: Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Valor, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Miracle, Norwegian Pearl, Grand Pincess, Valor of the Seas, Disney Dream and now the Carnival Victory.. What I have learned from all of these ships is that if expectations are too high then your experience will suffer. Carnival to me is all about fun. Don't take it too seriously, gamble, drink, party, eat too much. Its a cruise thats what they are for.

The design of the all the Carnival ships I have been on or the "Farkitecture" as people call it (Joe Farkus designer) is definitely different. And I think that is what sets Carnival apart from the rest. Anyone can do a plain -jane ultra modern vanilla space with no real differentation from the lobby to the casino. But Carnival ships are all about changing the experience from one space to the next. Whether its to your taste or not it, it definitely gives you something to look at and discover as you pass from room to room. Victory is no different. the lobby.. Wow gut wrenching green and over the top... But playful and fun. The casino... Wild red pagoda looking stuff and blue lion statues. Everywere you look its something to look at and everything is themed differently. Okay onto the actual cruise:

Bars: Awesome service everywhere, we bought the cheers beverage package and made good use of it,. The comedy club was good, the karaoke was good pool bars were also good. I really felt that the crew on the ship went above and beyond every time we saw them. They remembered our names and what we drank. A++ For the beverage staff

Food:Considering How many people they fed, I think they did a good job. The sea-day brunch was a very nice surprise and our servers in the dining room were fantastic. Now as far as the Matre d' is concerned. An over stuffed Italian with a horrible demeanor and even worse attitude. One of our party was dressed in shorts on the so called Elegant night and with scowl and huff the matre de Dofar I think was his name refused service. We returned with a pair of long Miller Lite pajamas and asked if it was ok. He said it was not but that we could eat anyway. We said thanks for the permission and went in. We watched as he turned several tables away. He needs to understand that a dress code can be suggested, however enforcing a dress code is not up to him. It is our vacation not his.

Room: Absolutely hideous bathroom pink and brown tile, but clean as a whistle, comfortable and ha d no real issues.

Overall: I liked this cruise. It was a Thursday thru Sunday itinerary which lends itself to lots of locals and it was a partying ship. Maybe more so than other itineraries. However we met other passengers from Scotland, England and Ireland as well as other states. If people driniking and partying isn't your scene maybe try a Princess cruise. If you want a good time, for a good price, then this is a good option.

Publication Date: 08/23/14