Eurodam Cruise Review by polarine75: Completely Underwhelming

Completely Underwhelming

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

I want to state upfront that my only other large cruise experience was with Regent, and I considered HAL because friends recommended the line (but not the Eurodam specifically). While I did not expect the same quality of cruise as I had had with Regant, the Eurodam bordered on unpleasant for many reasons. Starting with the crew/guest services, whenever there was a question, no matter how basic, the response was always "I don't know. Let me check." Checking meant 4-6 phone calls, and often several different answers.

Food in the Lido for breakfast and lunch was a very nice selection and overall well prepared. The big problem was the throngs of passengers walking around trying to get a table. It remeinded me of a shopping mall food court at lunch hour. Tables were not cleared/cleaned at a good pace so this struggle twice every day became undesireable very quickly. Dinner in the main dining room (Rembrandt) is almost all prepared ahead and is essentially banquet food. Some other More passengers we met made the same comment. This is not what we expected. Portion sizes are unpredictable, but generally on the small size. Food in the Pinnacle Grill is the best onboard. Tammarind and Caneletto are mixed bags - some good, some not.

Regarding port excursions, we only did one which was OK. You are better off booking yourself because the HAL tours are ridiculously overpriced. The furniture in our suite showed some stains and too much wear. I could go on but this is enough. Based on this one HAL cruise, I doubt I would use them again. Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>