Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by schugie: What a great vacation

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Eastern Caribbean Cruises

What a great vacation

Sail Date: August 2014
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

I have read so many reviews of the new Carnival Sunshine ship. I had an amazing time. I went with my family and shared a room with 2 teenagers. The Sunshine holds about 3,000 cruisers and you never seem to be like you are on a full ship. The cabin was great and our steward was truly helpful. There are plenty of things to do and the Cruise Director, George, keeps you busy all day. They have done a spectacular job of separating the small children and adults. The Serentiy adult area has a great pool and 2 decks of seating for the over 21 crowd. Carnival has streamlined the embarkation process, it took our family about 15 minutes to go through the whole process.

The food was good. Always something when you need it. The burgers at Guy Fieri's were excellent. The breakfast and lunch buffets provided a grand assortment. Something for everyone. We ate at the italina restaurant on board and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. It is not your standard Olive Garden style good, really specific More to entrees, I had the short rib and it was melt in the mouth fantastic.

We had a variety of 4 different comedians that all stole the show. Only complaint is that througout the cruise the comedy shows got so popular you had to get there 45 minutes early for a seat. Any way to expand this venue or move to a larger one would be great. We also wen to the show in the main showroom, Epic Rock and this wasn't your regular cruise ship show. Such a treat, the kids are all so talented and sang and danced to your favorites.

I enjoyed the movies by the pool at night, great variety and a nice time if you don't want to go dancing.

I completely recommend this ship. Thank you Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sunshine 9203

We had an excellent cabin. My sister chose ours on the Lido deck right off the pool. Very clean and loved having the satellite television. Only room complaint is that there isn't a clock.