Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by fdxmiguel: Very dissapointed...

fdxmiguel
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Very dissapointed...

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Writing this review on my last day on the 11night med cruise. Young European Family with 2 kids - ages 9 and 2. 5th cruise but first on Celebrity.

Starting with the positives first:

- the ship is beautiful, looks amazing on every port docked or tendered. Really tasteful decoration, with quality materials and works of art. Rooms are Nice and housekeeping does a really great job at keeping everything In order. I Found the whole ship to be very clean, maintenance must do a Good job too.

- specialty restaurants are brilliant, incredible décor and very unique experiences. Lots of fresh food, huge 12 Oz steaks, great service by smiling friendly waiters.

- my family was happy with the shows on board and thought the quality of the performers was decent.

Going Into the negatives now. I Will try to be nice as its 7 am and I just woke up to the noise of other cabins, again and for the 4th consecutive day. Its a very noisy ship, seems like there More is work being done somewhere every night at late hours, our friends from a few floors up also complained.

- its definitely not a "fun cruise" at any level. The ships layout is terrible, the pools are really small for the number of guests, there are lots of shades and the guests are always struggling to find a place In the sun. Every day starts with trying to find loungers who have already been reserved with towels by people who aren't even there. Difficult when you have kids. On top of this, there is no kids pool and my 2 y old was not allowed In the pools so the whole thing was very difficult to manage. I think everyone wants to be outside because although the inside areas are beautiful they are very unwelcoming and this is a summer cruise after all. On the inside and at night most people will gather round the main lobby to drink and dance which is ridiculous, stone floors and people dancing in the middle of elevators, the guest relations and shore excursions desks etc. Its absurd. The staff who worked in restaurants overall seemed very unhappy and maybe overworked so I think there is a big HR problem. Huge difference with the specialty restaurants where you had the best service. On the regular restaurants the staff was disturbingly unfriendly, they would take a really long time every time to bring the baby chair and they would rarely smile or make you feel welcome.

We were expecting younger people, in comparison to the other 4 cruises we took this was by far the one who had older guests and nothing seemed to wake them up. The lady dj with the funky haircut was really talented and worldclass but this was really not the place for her, no one would really engage with the daily activities and I think that has to do with the overall mood in the cruise created by the staff. I understand a few languages and witnessed the staff complain about work and other colleagues on several occasions.

I also felt like we did not have enough time in the ports, the worst one being santorini with just 4 or 5 hours to visit the Island. The other cruises seemed to leave later than we did every time.

One last note on the wifi. Got the 100USD/230 mins package as I wanted to be connected regularly and my wife too - we got no more than 100 mins in reality, don't know what sort of counter is used but its a total fraud.

First but last cruise on Celebrity. Paid more, got less. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 3130

Rooms were decent, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Cabin attendants were friendly and did a nice job.