Carnival Pride Cruise Review by totalee: Another great cruise

Another great cruise

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This cruise was my 6th in 18 months. I had done the same cruise with the same itinerary back in May. I chose this trip because I was traveling with my sister who lives in the Baltimore Area so travel to the port was no issue. I also had to use a free cruise before Oct 1.

Having been on the ship before I know what to avoid so I do not go into seminars or activities where I know that they will try to sell something to me. That said I had probably the best cruise I have taken so far.

Josh the Cruise Director and his entire ship's activities staff was wonderful on this trip. When I sailed in May Josh was on his first or second week as Cruise Director of the Pride, and the staff was still adjusting. On this trip they were all fantastic from trivia hosts to deck games leaders. The Assistant CD Ben (Buttons) was also great and always brought a lot of personality to the events he led, and he worked well with Josh on every occasion. One of the things my sister particularly More liked was the Carnival Clue Murder Mystery. Josh did a great job hosting the various game shows in the evenings, he has good comic timing.

The ports of Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are great beach do nothing but tan stops. Margaritaville at Grand Turk has a nice albeit somewhat rocky (we brought our swimshoes from past experience) beach. Half Moon Cay has one of the most gorgeous beaches that I have ever seen and has lots of soft sand, with great bar service if you want to indulge while there. I really can't see any reason for taking a shore excursion at either of these ports. Freeport doesn't offer a lot I just took a cab to town and spent 30 min there before coming back. The beaches there are nice, but any beach looks dirty compared to half moon cay.

We had and inside room it was fine since we literally did nothing in the room but sleep at night. Our room steward Joey did a great job, making sure we got chocolates every night and a fresh bucket of ice 3 times a day.

The dining room service was OK not as good as my 2 previous Carnival cruises but not horrible we had a great assistant waiter who gave us water and kept us stocked in bread, but the wine service was difficult to get started and our main server was always the last one to bring out the entree's and was always unhappy for some reason. The food was pretty good really liked the escargot appetizer. The Seaday Brunch in the dining room was good, I particularly liked the Porkchop and Heuvo Rancheros . One evening we did the Steakhouse, the food was good Chocolate Sampler desert worth the price of the meal, also we got a free bottle of wine for eating there one of the first two evenings. The server was different from the one I had on my last cruise but rushed through everything she said and we had to ask her to slow down and repeat everything, which was the same thing the server I had in May did.

I lost more money in the Casino than I had on any previous cruise, the bar servers there were very good I had a new frozen Pina Colada in my hands within a few minutes every time I was at the casino. However my luck was very bad, and I think the machines may have been set tighter than they were on previous cruises. The Casino did send me a bottle of wine at dinner the final evening as a small consolation. On my previous 3 cruises I had received free cruises at the end and on this one I did not receive the voucher. I think it may be because this was taken during peak season, and usually I travel at off peak times.

I had a great time on this cruise and would do it again if the price is right. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Verandah 7183

it had 3 full closets and 2 dressers plenty of space to unpack stuff. Beds were OK. Very smooth room, little vibration or outside noise.