S.S. Catherine Cruise Review by ocd: A beautiful ship; a wonderful experience

ocd
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on S.S. Catherine France Cruises

A beautiful ship; a wonderful experience

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: France
Embarkation: Marseille

This was my second Uniworld cruise and it was as perfect as the last. The ship was beautiful, the food was great and the staff was professional and attentive. The excursions were well planned and all of the guides were both knowledgeable and professional. After I climbed the many steep and winding stairs to the top of the castle of the Duke of Anjou in Tarascon and then down again my knee was officially wrecked. But Uniworld has a program called "gentile walking" tours and for that I was grateful. In essence they are slower and avoids steep stair cases. When some attraction has to be eliminated, due to its strenuous nature (steep stairs) another is added to complete the experience. I rather preferred it, the groups were smaller and the guides very attentive to our needs.

We opted for the extension to Paris at the end of our cruise. An Uniworld agent escorted us to the train station and remained with us until we arrived and were situated at the hotel in Paris where another More Uniworld rep/guide took over. Now she was amazing. One of the most adorable, conscientious, attentive person's I have ever met. Whatever you asked she tired to make it happen.

In all a wonderful trip. I am already planning another Uniworld cruise for next year.

I also liked that there was no "nickel and diming" everything was included even all tips, water bottles and liquor on the ship. Less

Read more S.S. Catherine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's S.S. Catherine Review >>

Cabin review: S.S. Catherine

Well designed. I especially liked the way the "balcony" was designed. You could raise the window and open the doors and it was an integral part of the room. Something needed on a river cruise as the rooms are so much smaller than on an ocean cruise. There were multiple 110 outlets and outlets for device charging. The bathroom was also well designed with real 110 outlets not only for shavers. The bed was very comfortable and they even had a memory foam pillow for my husband.