Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Themitt: 1st time cruise-a BIG Win!

Themitt
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Alaska Cruises

1st time cruise-a BIG Win!

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Smiling as I returned from 1st cruise on Celebrity Solstice departing from Seattle. Easy breezy embarkation, luggage arrived by 5pm. Borded, and went exploring...a lawn! ....a library, ...a great coffee and tea place on 5th deck....and guess what-you can get a drink there too! All on/off at ports was easy and we'll organized as well. Our mid July week was in the 60's mostly, and unusual--little rain.

Many lounges and variety of bars offer great views, quick and friendly service and don't miss the martini bar where we saw the bartender pour 7 martini's at once and never spilled a drop! We got the premium drink package and was well worth it. The molecular bar is unique and you will love the special drinks they have come up with...the 'tan Russian' was great! My friends drink included dry ice and came smoking.

Spa for a manicure, and another day for hair.... was very relaxing, loved it as did many others, it was always busy so make your appointment early...even saw a More whale during my manicure. Especially enjoyed the crew presentations daily like the galley tour (my group had the pastry chef in the lead), the engineer who presented how the ship moves was great! Brent Nixon the naturalist doing many presentations is excellent-entertaining and informative, and beforehand he welcomes you and answers your questions. Likewise his wife has a couple terrific presentations too. The illusionist is really good, house band really good, and several small combo's playing around in various lounges very entertaining. Trivia with Von was fun every day, and there were many other activities if you choose. The evening entertainment was ok, after all there is a wide variety of ages, so I'd say ok. Cruise director Patti is all over introducing activities, and she also can sing! Daily announcement by the captain even included a little inspirational saying to kick off the day.

I was pleasantly surprised by our veranda cabin (mid ship, 7th deck), it was more roomy than I anticipated and our cabin attendant did a good job...even leaving us towel animals to find each evening. Plenty of storeage and suitcases popped right under the bed out of the way.

Dining room and buffet were very good ( made to order poached egg and smoked salmon egg Benedict was a favorite!) about mid week we headed for a burger and hot dog at outside bar-yummy-and hit the spot. I didn't think the extra 35 per person up charge at the specialty restaurant was worth it...the service was excellent, but I enjoyed the food in the dining room (top chef menu) just as well, and the view from the back deck of the buffet is just as spectacular!

Get up and out on the deck for the Tracy Arm fjord/and glacier...yes...at 430am! It is awesome! The color of the water, the glacier, saw bears/cubs and eagles too. I enjoyed all the sights, you will too!

The overall service, friendliness of staff and cleanliness was impressive. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>