Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by janutt: Ship was great!!! Bahamas...not so much.

janutt
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Ship was great!!! Bahamas...not so much.

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas

This was my first cruise and quite frankly, I wasn't expecting much. What a nice surprise!! I had a great time and can't wait to cruise again.

The staff was so friendly and helpful. Everyone called you by your name... joked with you if you were in the mood, or left you alone if you wanted privacy. The cabin was small and compact, but very clean. I was delighted the first night when I returned to my room to find my bed turned down and chocolate on my pillow.

The food was totally totally delicious. You could order from the menu or even off menu. However, I was a bit put off to see how much food people ordered and then left on their plate. It was as if the mentality was..!!Free Food!!... let's see how much they will give me.

The first night out we got the tail end of Tropical Storm Bertha, but I never noticed any rocking of the boat. I was only aware of the storm because of the lightning. When we were in port at Freeport it was raining so we decided to stay More onboard. During one lull we did take a chance and went to the Straw Market which is just a few feet from the dock. Everyone there was quite friendly and the bits and pieces for sale were affordable souvenirs. We didn't venture past the Straw Market.

Nassau was a huge disappointment. Mostly because we went out on our own. We thought the excursions were over priced and didn't offer much (and reviews were not the greatest). We decided to go to the public beach instead of paying for the private beach. BIG MISTAKE. Whilst everyone was friendly, there was just too much going on. Hawkers on the beach constantly and a jet ski company allowed their people to ride the jet skis right up to the shore. It was totally impossible to swim or snorkel. I had to threaten one young man with physical violence if he came up to me again. (I'm a 66 yr old woman. ha ha)

My only complaint about the cruise is the alcoholic drinks. There was no alcohol in the drinks. I'm not much of a drinker, but I do know when the alcohol is missing! $8.95 a drink for 'juice' is not right. I would suggest having a beer as you know what you're getting there. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation R204

Room was made into twin beds. There were multiple wardrobe closets. Since I was traveling with a friend we opened the doors to the wardrobe to make a dressing area with privacy.... Hand luggage could fit under the bed. Bathroom was comfortable. The window was nice to have in the morning, but we didn't stay in the room long enough to even care. Take a few hangers. Beds were comfy and the linen was very nice.