“Allure of the Seas August 10-17 - Didn't live up to our expectations”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

jpcello Allure of the Seas 3 Allure of the Seas August 10-17 - Didn't live up to our expectations
jpcello
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Just got off Allure's 7-day western caribbean cruise. Overall the cruise was good but not the best we've had. Shows were good. Chicago doesn't seem to be appropriate for the "cruise" crowd. I'm a huge theatre goer. Last year's production on Oasis of Hairspray was awesome so we were disappointed with Chicago. Headliner show was great and so was Blue Planet.

The dinner food in the MDR was also very disappointing. Several nights the food wasn't even edible -- way too salty (mostly the pastas). Everyone at our table felt the same way. Some nights the food was good but overall very disappointing. Breakfasts in the MDR were wonderful as always. Mostly ate at Windjammer for lunch to avoid the MDR. Windjammer was good. Never had to wait for a table and the food choices were varied. We didn't eat at any specialty restaurants except Johnny Rockets - and it was great.

Crew was great - very helpful and willing to do anything for you. Bars were great as were the clubs.

Very disappointment with our excursion to Labadee. I had worked with Access office to reserve an accessible cabana. The cabana was accessible the getting to the cabana was not. They did give us a refund.

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6236
Accessible Oceanview cabin with balcony hump. Room was great. We had table and two chairs plus two loungers. Spent a good bit of time there.

Port

I had spent a considerable amount of time and energy reserving an accessible cabana for me and my sister, who uses a motorized scooter. The cabana itself was accessible but getting from the walkway to the cabana was not. Would have required about a 50-foot walk across sand to the cabana itself. This to me is not accessible. WE ultimately got a full refund but we were both very disappointed.

The cabana itself looked amazing.

Read 850 Labadee Reviews
Published 08/22/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Allure of the Seas Review
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?