Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by Leoni1972: Winter cruise along Australian Coast to Willis island
Overall Member Rating
Winter cruise along Australian Coast to Willis island
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
We travelled in a group of 12 from Brisbane via Airlie Beach, Cairns and past Willis island.
- very cheap cruise
- Relatively quiet as it was outside school holidays
- cabin was large and very clean
- cleaning staff and dining staff very friendly, hard working and helpful
- quick disembarkation at all the ports via tender
- food in main dining room was pretty good 7/10, a lot of choice and good quantity
- excellent table service, fabulous desserts and loved breakfast
- food at buffet restaurant not bad, again good selection, fresh and good quantity
- plenty of deck chairs to laze on around the pool.
- great magic show and band on board, loved the music in the atrium and the circus show in the atrium.
- plenty of adults only areas
- very disorganised embarkation at Brisbane, instead of going by times and deck by deck it was free for all and took 3 More hrs in total.
- due to cheap cruise rates expect a mix of passengers. We had a good handful of elderly people ( well dressed and spoken), a small selection of children ( mainly 4yrs-10yrs) with parents and a big group of bogans ( loud, rough looking, scruffy, often drunk ( or high, or both!))
- interior deco looking very tired, could do with a Reno
- no frills cruise ship, very plain, unadorned cabins, atrium and dining room
- small children's club, fine if the weather is good but very small when the weather is bad.
- no area/facility for children (other than small gaming room) when the weather is bad, cruise director also did not put on any extra children's activities ( like movies) when it was storming outside.
- you need to pay for all extras like laundry, soft drinks, ice cream, cabin service ( like breakfast in bed) and most ship activities.
- no interconnecting cabins if you are a large family
- small theatre which means mad dash for seats during show time.
- not enough time in Airlie beach to do any of the island trips ( we had to be back on board by 2 pm) Less
Read more Pacific Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pacific Jewel Review >>
Cabin review: Deck 9 category L9240
Cabin was big, comfortable and clean. If you are expecting luxury you will be disappointed, it's strictly basic. Cabin is cleaned once a day and cabin staff very helpful. My sister paid $500 extra to stay in the cabin opposite us as it has a big window, but other than that her cabin wasn't any bigger or better than ours. Other passengers kept blocking the toilet system which meant noisy, smelly air drying machines running morning, noon and night.
Cant quite make my mind up.
Fantastic 8 day break; very pl...
Worth the Experience
RC have some new fans; loved E...
Enjoyable Return to P&O
Fun Filled Four Days
First Cruise; Pleasantly Surpr...
What a nightmare!