Carnival Victory Cruise Review by tworocks: Underwhelming - Spend the extra money and go with a more upscale ship

tworocks
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Bahamas Cruises

Underwhelming - Spend the extra money and go with a more upscale ship

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas

This was my first cruise ever. My taste would be described as far from used to upscale so rest assured when I say that this cruise was underwhelming.

The theme of my experience is "you get what you pay for". We were a total group of 18 people and we got a good price. My opinion however was that one should spend a bit more money and go with a better ship. The rooms need to be remodeled as they are decorated in an 80's style and not upgraded. For example the TV is the old tube style. The food was decent. At the buffet, it was average. Evening dining was pretty good as they had a new theme each night and the servers were happy to get you a second plate if asked for.

I was not impressed by what I would call the "pee pools". They were more the size of over crowded hot tubs rather than pools. No way would I go in one. Live entertainment was very good. I liked the outdoor movies by the pool. The ability to vacate at port for the day was decently quick. Do yourself a favor - More on the day of registration and setting sail, get there a few hours in advance. You'll be waiting for a while.

Finally, staff is generally not very knowledgeable about where to find certain things on the ship. Many a times we were given incorrect information. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>