Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by Lewilou: A lovely time was had by all.

Lewilou
Member Since 2013

A lovely time was had by all.

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Corfu

I was a bit concerned about going on The Majesty after reading some reviews, but really wanted to do the Adriatic Explorer itinerary, so when they changed the flight times from our local airport to early morning instead of early evening we decided to do it. I'm so glad we did The Majesty was brill (except for the show lounge, I preferred the Dream's as it's bigger and seemed to vibrate less).

The flight and transfer were smooth and our luggage was on the ship before we were. We had an outside plus cabin on deck 4 and whilst I expected it to be smaller than the Dream I was pleasantly surprised by the size. The bathroom was a little snug for my husband and son (both over 6 ft) but I personally thought it was the best shower ever. The cabin was kept beautifully clean by Sasha and Osama.

Previously I'd heard a lot of complaints about the food, but we ate in the restaurant every evening and were impressed with the choice and quality. The waiters were all lovely and we More hardly had to wait between courses. We didn't use the Piazza San Marco buffet much, but when we did there was always a good choice and the food was hot.

I think The Dream do afternoon tea better, but The Majesty definitely do cakes/desserts better.

We enjoyed the entertainment and I just felt the Majesty had a nice vibe about her.

We did a couple of excursions, one in Koper and a half day on your own in Venice. I do tend to think the excursions are a little on the expensive side, but like the security of going with Thomson's. All the other ports were easily doable on your own and all stunning. The sail in and out of Venice was lovely and the sail into Kotor was one of my personal highlights.

Corfu Airport on the way home was interesting to put it mildly, but we had been forewarned.

All in all we had a lovely time and would happily return to The Majesty. Less

Read more Thomson Majesty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Majesty Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Majesty 449

Comfortable, clean, tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Bathroom a little small and tired, but great shower. Ample storage space.