Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by caibella: The worst cruise in the 22 I have taken

caibella
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The worst cruise in the 22 I have taken

Sail Date: August 2014
Embarkation: Other

I always liked to start with a positive..My cabin Steward was wonderful and the gentleman who fixed our safe 4 times was great and would not except a tip.

Embarking at Port Canaveral was fast and a breeze, the woman at the desk was a horror, from registering our credit cards wrong to giving us the wrong cabin keys.

We got on the ship and within 15 minutes the lights and air conditioning kept going off..An announcement came on the loud speaker they were testing the system. Long test 2 hrs. We had to use our cell phone flash light to see.

Dinner came around and we still did not have our luggage so we went down in our traveling clothing. Our luggage finally arrived at 10 pm.. The cabin steward kept apologizing. Now the fun began, we go to take a shower and the water over flowed out of the bathroom into the bedroom...the cabin steward call the front desk as well as us and were told tomorrow night the shower would be fixed. Dinner time and we go to shower and the More same thing. I went down to the desk and they said they know nothing about this.. in the mean time the cabin steward had someone there and was fixing it.. dirt and water every place. to make things worse that night while we were sleeping we were awaken to water running. It was coming from the light fixture over the desk carpet was wet as well as the clothing in the draw. Went to the desk and was basically blowen off. Next day went to the desk again and was told this was my free cruise so there was nothing they could do. No rooms available. My free cruise cost me my port fees and I am a high roller..I paid for my trip 3x over!!! The last night of the cruise the desk offered me a another cabin. Need I tell you I told her what to do with it after living in water for a week. Also every time we needed to get into the safe someone had to come from maintanince to open it.

Now the food..my god my dog eats better. The food was so salty that everyone you spoke to was swollen. I am now taking water pills prescribed from my doctor. Eggs were always cold or over cooked. Coffee in the dining room was sent back because it was cold or the color of tea. We had meatloaf one night and did not eat it because it was raw and that was not meat!!! Another night we were served and eggplant and zucchini dish cold and raw. The prime rib was so tuff you couldn't cut it. When the give you mashed potatoes with your meal it comes in a condiment cup. You have to order a side. We had an Arugula and mint salad.. the arugula was mushy and rotten. The fried chicken a woman at our table had looked like it was reheated and she just ate potatoes. mac and cheese with bacon was mac with white sauce sprinkled with cheese and bacon on top, tasteless and the cheese they use doesn't melt. I don't know what the yellow cheese is but it was whole slivers in my omelet too. Yes.. the good, The very small lobster tail and the filet mignon with braised short rib were good but the sauce was like eating salt. Desert was always interesting, pumpkin pie was like jello and no flavor. By the time you got your ice cream it was melted.The buffets on the pool deck were never anything to brag about. Cold food, people using their fingers. The good on the pool deck Guy's burgers and the tuna from the sandwich place.

Entertainment: Adult comedy club was great. But....had to get there an hr. early and wait on line to get in. The room was way way to small. The rest of the entertainment was nothing to write home about..

Drinks: Pretty, over priced and watered down.

The Customer service: The worst I have ever had any place!!!! Rude, rude , rude!!! That goes for their main office too!!

This was my third Carnival cruise and would never get back on one of their ships even if it was for FREE again. I should have listened to other reviews!! Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sunshine 6201

Not a bad size room..we had water and bathroom issues.