Thomson Spirit 3

Cruise review of Thomson Spirit

Joe Pen
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

As Thompson aren't doing this trip anymore we booked at the last minute. I'm heading towards 50 & I can honestly say this was a big step back in holidays for me.

The fjords were lovely, as were most of the staff. However, food was clearly an exercise in quantity over quality and beware, some was labelled or described by staff incorrectly. Important if you're on a restricted diet. If you're eating in the Lido & want wine, make sure you receive it before getting your food - or you'll have finished your meal before it arrives.

Again, entertainment was quantity (quick-fire) over quality, but I understand the staff were new?

Watch out also for all the extras - a full drinks package means house drinks only, or discount towards the full range (incl coffee in some bars!). There's a sales pitch for 'fine dining' & photos too.

Cabin was better than expected, but there were some toilet issues. Staff went in twice a day to service the room. More

I don't want to do the ship & staff down, a great many people really enjoyed this experience, but this is very much a basic 3* holiday so book with open eyes. Less

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Newcastle (England)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Booked a mid-ship, outside A deck (level 3) cabin. Although it was situated near the lifts & stairs, any noise was minimal. Beds were singles & a bit short, but quite adequate. The first night was very cold so staff bought us blankets the next day.

Published 08/18/14

Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Spirit Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?