Carnival Pride Cruise Review by magpie608: Overall a nice cruise

Overall a nice cruise

Sail Date: August 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

The Pride is showing her age. She just looks tired. She will be going into dry dock in October and will be totally overhauled at that time. I hope they take the time to updated and clean her up. The staff looks tired as well. With a few exceptions the dining room staff did not look happy to be there. They were polite but seemed rushed. We tried "Your time dining" and had a different waitstaff every night. Perhaps if we had tried assigned seating we would have had a better experience.

Our cabin looked clean until I put my suitcase under the bed and found a bag of peanuts, dirty tissues and a fake fingernail under the bed. The bathrobes had been shoved onto the top shelf of the closet with the lifevests, my guess is by the last guests to have the room. The comedy acts were both great. Family and Adult shows were all great. I enjoyed the trivia games and the ongoing murder mystery game. We took an excursion through Carnival at Freeport, the snorkel portion was great, the fact More that the bus never showed up to bring us back to the ship ruined it though. After going to the excurison desk to complain about being forgotten I was told they would look into my complaint and I had to come back the next day to find out the status. They did end up giving me 20% off the excursion but I did not get an appology, I should mention that my last two cruises have been with the Disney Cruise line and perhaps that has jaded me. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress 6222

Close to the elevators, great balcony, great view. Port side so you can watch the ship dock. We did not have any trouble with noise through the walls. Large enough for the 3 of us but with the third in the room we had no place to sit, they kept the sofa as a bed the entire time. To watch the TV we had to sit on my daughters bed.

Snorkeling

(2)

The Catamaran Snorkel was great! I have never seen so many fish at once. The staff on the boat was friendly and they made it very relaxing. The reason I give 2 stars to the excursion is the transport to and from the catamaran. When we got off the excursion there was nobody there to meet us and take us back to where we had gotten off the bus. We were able to find our way back to the bus stop but the bus never showed up. Ever. We ended up having to find our way back to the ship ourselves Nothing like being in a foreign country and being forgotten! I was very disappointed.

The beaches are great. We did a quick stop at the shops at the dock and then headed down the beach to Jack's Shack where we spent an incredible day on the beach. It is worth the walk to Jack's Shack, free chairs, free wi-fi, great drinks, friendly staff, beach front and not crazy busy like it is closer to the ship. This has to be my favorite beach in the world!

Not a fan of the tender but the ship does a very good job of getting everybody onto the island. The beach is very nice, very relaxing. We rented snorkel equipment and wish we had saved the money, not that much to see. We wanted to rent an umbrella but they had sold out before we got to the beach. The walk from the beach to the tender is very short and easy.